Enrichment Through Archaeology
We provide archaeological tours of the beautiful Peak District!
Enrichment Through Archaeology are Dr Catherine Parker Heath & Dr Ian Parker Heath, and between us we have over 50 years archaeological experience. We have lived and worked in the Peak District for more than 20 years and in that time have developed a deep understanding of the area's heritage. Our tours take you in comfort to a range of sites, from different periods in history. Do let us know if you have any particular site or period you're interested in and we'll do our best to include it in the tour. This is a fantastic day out, which will leave you impressed by the Peak District's past as well as the spectacular scenery.
What's a tour involve?
- All our tours start and finish in Buxton.
- Tours are led by an experienced archaeologist who understands the archaeology of the Peak District National Park.
- We visit some of the most iconic as well as lesser known archaeological sites of the Peak District.
- We'll explore the history and heritage of the area taking in prehistoric sites such as henges & stone circles, medieval crosses and more.
- You'll learn to see the past in the landscape at every turn. You will never look at landscape in the same way again!
- There is some walking, so do wear stout shoes or boots.
- We'll provide refreshments - tea, coffee, water and snacks.
- We stop for lunch at a local pub, where you will be able to experience warm and welcoming Peak District hospitality.
- This is a fantastic day out, which will leave you enthralled by the Peak District's past as well as the spectacular scenery.
What's not included
- Wet weather gear.
- Accessible by public transport
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
How To Find Us
Space2 @ The Old Vicarage
Stylish accommodation for up to 4 people, with far reaching views over the Peak District in a peaceful rural location close to the vibrant spa town…
Luxury without compromise, a place to stay with all the family for every occasion
Blackwell Mill Cycle Hire Monsal Trail
Cycle hire on the iconic Monsal Trail, 3 miles from Buxton.
High Peak Bookstore and Cafe
Book browsing heaven and a great café in the heart of the Peaks!
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest news, special offers, ideas and inspiration straight to your inbox by signing up to the Visit Peak District & Derbyshire e-newsletter.