Lovingly restored to its former glory in 2001, Buxton Opera House is an exquisitely beautiful Edwardian theatre and one of the country's finest examples of Frank Matcham theatre design.
As one of Britain's leading receiving theatres, we present around 450 performances each year including dance, comedy, children's shows, drama, musical concerts, pantomime and opera as well as a lively Fringe Theatre and Community and Education Programme. The theatre is also home to the renowned Buxton International Festival.
- Changing places toilet
- Fully accessible disabled toilet
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage throughout venue
- Wheelchair accessible
- Plant-based menu options or vegetarian or vegan friendly options
- Accessible by public transport
- Changing Places
- On-site light refreshments
- Baby Changing Facilities
- Children welcome
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Mini Coach Parties Accepted
- Parking with charge
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Contactless Payment Accepted
- Coach parties welcomed
- Building of historical interest
How To Find Us
A wonderful Grade 2 Listed Building with 23 acres of beautiful Victorian landscaped gardens, in the centre of Buxton
Relax and enjoy morning coffee, light meals or a traditional English afternoon tea.
Part of a historic former Georgian lodging house, this desirable, extremely spacious, first floor apartment is set within a Grade II listed landmark…
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest news, special offers, ideas and inspiration straight to your inbox by signing up to the Visit Peak District & Derbyshire e-newsletter.