AboutCallow Hall is a unique country house hotel with an unrivalled setting and renowned restaurant, situated at the gateway to the Peak District National Park, close to the lively market town of Ashbourne.
Surrounded by 44 acres of private garden, fields and woodland overlooking the Bentley Brook and vale of the River Dove, this ivy-clad Victorian hotel really is a haven of peace and tranquillity but also a perfect base for exploring the splendours that Derbyshire and the ´Peaks´ have to offer.
As you step into the elegant hall, it's like stepping back in time with elaborate ceilings, heavily draped curtains, oak staircases and other wonderful touches, not forgetting the fresh flowers that add magnificent colour and scents to each and every room.
The hotel has sixteen bedrooms in total, all individually and tastefully furnished to provide every comfort, and some with uninterrupted views across the countryside. All rooms boast flat screen televisions with satellite channels, internet access, luxurious toiletries, comfortable beds and fluffy towels.
Dining at Callow Hall is an experience not to be missed! The Restaurant is featured in the Good Food Guide and for many years, has held a high 2 Rosette award with the AA. The restaurant is renowned for its freshly prepared and home produced food, including home baking, smoking and curing.
In short, Callow Hall is the perfect venue for all your social and business needs.
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Evening meals
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Central heating
- Free WIFI
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Lounge for residents' use
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good5
- V6263BTcherylrLovely hotel but customer service was sadly lackingMonday, 13th June 2022The hotel itself is lovely - the grounds, the treehouses, the restaurant and lounge areas. We had a small room which overlooked the rear and by the sounds of it was above the kitchens judging by the... Read full review
- Stepol4Trip Type:CouplesLovely relaxing two day stayTuesday, 14th June 2022We recently stayed at Callow for a short break in a cosy room. The room was lovely as the name suggests it was cosy but had a large sumptuous bed and beautiful bathroom. We ate in the hotel on the... Read full review
- LizzieB439Southampton, United KingdomTruly amazingTuesday, 14th June 2022Myself and my husband and some friends spent two nights here over the Jubilee Weekend. It was our second trip and just like the first it was incredible. We all stayed in the Hives which are... Read full review
Map & Directions
By Car: Approaching from the South, East or west, follow the A515 Buxton road through Ashbourne, passing the market place on the left. Carry on up the steep hill for approx. 300yrds, turn left at the crossroads into North Avenue, The Bowling Green pub on your left, then take the first right, signposted Mappleton. Continue with care down over the humpbacked bridge. The Hall entrance is on the right.
If approaching from the North, follow the A515 Buxton/Ashbourne road, turn right at the top of the hill, in front of the Bowling Green Pub, into North Avenue, and proceed with the above directions.
By Train: Our nearest station is Derby Midland, from there it's approximately 30 minutes by taxi.
SATNAV: Enter Mappleton, Ashbourne, which should direct you through the above directions to the entrance.