AboutVicarage Farm offers a hospitable welcome to visitors in a magnificent grade II listed building built in 1637 It is ideal for those who want a quiet, rural getaway with private gardens and woodland. Enjoy uninterrupted views over fields, dry stone walls and quiet country lanes.
Vicarage Farm is set in spectacular countryside and is an ideal location for walking, cycling, short breaks or longer holidays in the heart of the wonderful Peak District. There is an outdoor seating and eating area, and access to the all weather tennis court and games room.
We are close to Buxton and Bakewell.
Free secure onsite parking available.
Vicarage Farm is open all year round except Christmas and New Year, with each season offering a variety of attractions and activities to suit a wide array of visitors.
Please note -Evening Meals by arrangement
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Cressbrook||2||£95.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Twin beds can be zip-linked giving super kingsize bed. Views over gardens & woods.|
|Hay Dale||2||£80.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Large shower room & toilet downstairs. View over fields.|
|Monk's Dale||4||from £95.00 to £125.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||King size bed with option of two extra futon beds to accommodate up to four in room. Views over gardens and fields.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Building of historical interest
- Games room onsite - - ping pong table, snooker table, darts and more!
- Golf available (onsite or nearby) - - Buxton golf course, 15 minutes away
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Tennis onsite
- Staff fluent in French
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Lounge for residents' use
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- Children welcome - - children welcome from any age
- Children's indoor play area - - games room with Wendy house, toys, ping pong & snooker tables and much more!
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Snacks/afternoon tea - - by prior arrangement; please contact for details of availability.
- Special diets available - - by prior arrangement; please contact for details of availability.
- Vegetarian diet available
- Four poster bed - - Monks Dale room
- King-sized bed - - Cressbrook room (can also be booked as a twin room)
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Private parking
Room/Unit Facilities: Cressbrook
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Hay Dale
- Scenic view
- Shared facilities
Room/Unit Facilities: Monk's Dale
- Four poster bed
- King-sized bed
- Private facilities
- Scenic view
Map & Directions
Vicarage Farm lies between the M1 and M6 motorways.
There is a bus service to Tideswell, one and a half miles away, from Buxton, Manchester, Chesterfield and Sheffield.
There are also a railway station nearby in Buxton