AboutUpper Hurst Farm is a family run site in a Rural Idyll that is surrounded by hills and is close to the picture-postcard village of Hartington. Our Toilet/Shower block has been likened to a 5* Hotel and our generous Super Pitches (25) and Camping Pitches (15) enjoy almost 360-degree panoramic views over the stunningly beautiful Peak District National Park. We have a family friendly and dog friendly pub within walking distance. Our ethos is nature-based, we encourage biodiversity in our fields and hedgerows and the majority of our energy is provided from sustainable sources or directly from the sun. Animals are now finding us and we have a pair of Alpacas, a resident (free range) Peacock and Peahen, four characterful and friendly mini Shetland Ponies and free range chickens (eggs available). We have resident ‘Little Owls’ (which are not at all common) as well as other indigenous owls. Buzzards and Peregrine Falcons are a common sight and one of our campers has photographed a Red Kite here.
The toilet & shower block has underfloor heating & showers with unlimited hot water (without press buttons). We have a large wet room which is suitable for people with access needs and we also make it available to families with small children and babies. We have a kitchen area for washing up and a washing machine, dryer and small freezer for ice packs. We mow a huge area in an adjacent field for the children to play where they are extremely safe (we are far away from a busy road) and kick a ball around without caution as it is a good way from the pitches.
Upper Hurst Farm is Rural, yet Central. The market towns of Buxton, Bakewell, Ashbourne and Leek are all around 10 miles from the site offering a wide range of shopping and leisure facilities. We are effectively 10 miles from a supermarket but the grocery shop in Hulme End and the two larger grocery shops in Hartington provide most needs (most of my shopping is done there). Upper Hurst Farm is a Walkers, Cyclists and Nature-Lovers Paradise. We are in the centre of two huge dales and it is just 1 mile to the River Dove (takes you to Hartington, DoveDale or Biggin) and 1 mile to the River Manifold and the start of the Manifold Cycle Trail and about 3 miles to the Tissington Cycle Trail. The Monsal trail near Bakewell and Chatsworth House is about 11 mile.
Upper Hurst Farm is about slowing the mind chatter by tuning into nature and becoming more attuned with your natural, peaceful self.
Brand new traditional stone toilet/shower block with underfloor heating.
For those that wish to eat out the highly commended and family-friendly Manifold Inn, is less than a mile away.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Super||4||from £26.00 to £27.00 per touring pitch per night normally for one car and 2 people||A generous 11×11-metre super pitch comprises 50% hardstanding and 50% grass, with electric hook-up, its own water tap and grey waste disposal point at the rear of the pitch. Super pitches are split into 3 sections. The 1st section is between 4 to 5m x up to 12m grass. Either side of this is hardstanding. There is another half size grassy area. The pitches are designed such that the van reverses in and then the largest grassy area is where the awning would naturally go. The only change to this would be if the van is a continental type in which case the van would drive on. The water tap has a screw thread fitting suitable for a hoselock connector.|
|Tents||6||from £22.00 to £27.00 per touring pitch per night normally for one car and 2 people||Tent pitches are 100% grass and between 9.5 - 10m square with a 1.5m space between pitches. All but one of the 15 tent pitches have 10A electric. All pitches except pitches T15 and T14 have a gentle slope..|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2016
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
Booking & Payment Details
- American Express accepted
- Booking recommended in summer
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Hairdryer - In the ladies
- Drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Chemical toilet disposal facilities
- Dish washing facilities
- Drinking water
- Electric hookup
- Flush toilets (with lighting)
- Gas cylinder exchange or refill
- Heated shower block
- Hot water
- Lighting throughout park
- Motor homes - Motor Home service point (chemical free) Motor homes up to 40’
- Parking space next to pitch
- Showers available
- Waste/water hookup
- Disabled facilities
Park Facilities: Super
- Fresh water hookup
- Hard standing
- Touring caravans
- Waste/water hookup
Park Facilities: Tents
- Electric hookup
- Fresh water hookup
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good15
- Joeyt33Stoke on trentTrip Type:FamilyEaster breakWednesday, 19th April 2017Absolutely beautiful site. Spotlessly clean. Brilliant facilities. Amazing views lovely helpful and curtious wardens. Peace and quiet which is just what the doctor ordered. Thank you upper Hurst farm... Read full review
- murraytensheffieldTrip Type:CouplesFantastic siteTuesday, 18th April 2017Just got back from 5 great day's over Easter with our touring caravan, the fact that we could pitch our van facing the hills and dales looking out to fantastic views was an added bonus, nothing too... Read full review
- Fiona PTrip Type:FamilyCampingTuesday, 18th April 2017Absolutely fantastic camping and caravan site. Owner and site managers are brilliant. People staying on site very friendly. Pitches and site very clean and to a high standard. The scenery is... Read full review
Map & Directions
Through Route from the North, East and South
From the A515 midway between Ashbourne and Buxton take a turn for Hartington. Drive through Hartington towards Hulme End on the B5054. After about 1 mile ignore the first left turn for Lower Hurst Farm but take the next left turn over the brow of a hill for Beresford Dale. Upper Hurst Farm is the first farmhouse on the left.
Through route from the West
From Leek take the A523 towards Ashbourne. After about 4 miles turn left onto the B5053 through Onecote and Warslow. After about 0.25 mile after Warslow turn right off the B5053 onto the B5054 towards Hartington. After Hulme end pass over the bridge with the Manifold Inn on the right. Continue up the hill and after about 0.25 mile turn right for Beresford Dale. Upper Hurst Farm is the first farmhouse on the left.
Camping & Caravanning Self Assessment
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.