Tom's and Douglas's Barns are two romantic self catering cottages in the pretty rural village of Parwich in the heart of the Peak District.
Wonderfully warm and welcoming, their luxurious contemporary Visit England award winning 5 Star Gold comfort, is a far cry from the 18th century cow sheds they once were. We are on the edge of the village, next to the open countryside with countless walks from the door.
The Limestone Way passes by the barns. There are several cycling paths, the High Peak and Tissington Trails are easily reached from the barns. Cycles can be hired on all the trails or even better we can lend you bikes and helmets. The thing that will strike you most is the peace and quiet and yet we are within easy reach of a host of attractions Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall, National Trust House, to name a couple.
The nearby towns of Ashbourne, Bakewell and Matlock provide all the facilities you need as well as individual shops selling locally made goods and produce. There are markets that run throughout the year in several of the surrounding towns. Buxton offers the opportunity for a theatre visit as well as parks and gardens well worth visiting. In the summer months several villages have Well Dressings, a custom associated with the Peak District. There are excellent pubs and restaurants close by and the Sycamore Inn in Parwich is within easy walking distance of the barns. Food is available every day at the pub and dogs and muddy boots are welcome.
Douglas's Barn has a spacious bedroom and a power shower over the whirlpool bath.
Tom's Barn welcomes dogs (£25 extra per dog). It has a log burner, and a two seater whirlpool bath. A complementary welcome pack is provided as well as provisions such as tea coffee etc. The fully equipped kitchens always leave guests amazed. There is everything you could need if you plan to cook.
The village pub has a shop selling most basic goods and national supermarkets will deliver on line orders so you can arrive and shopping has been delivered and put away. We (the owners) live next door, on the spot, if you need us, out of the way when you don't!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Douglas's Barn||2||from £495.00 to £695.00 per unit per week|
|Tom's Barn||2||from £495.00 to £695.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Visit England Visit England - Gold Award 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Green Tourism Green Tourism Gold Award 2020
Booking & Payment Details
- American Express accepted
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Barbecue - There are Weber barbecues available to use but you will need to supply your own barbecue coals.Barbecue tools are provided.
- Cots available
- Cooker - Electric cooker with ceramic hotplates, grill and oven
- Microwave cooker
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash - All linens washed at 60 degrees.
- Contactless check-in - Guests welcomed at a safe distance. Information about the barns provided on laminated sheets in the barns. Owners contactable next door to the property.
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors - Recommended products used for cleaning and all surfaces disinfected with Virucidal products.
- Doctor available 24/7 - Contact via local doctors for out of hours service.
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff - 70% alcohol sanitizer available to use in the Barns
- Individually wrapped toiletries - Gilchrist and Soames Zero percent collection.
- Online booking possible - Booking via website. Also can take bookings by phone.
- Open now - Open 365 days of the year. Book in and out days can be any day of the week. Minimum stay is 2 nights.
- Outside seating - Table and chairs outside each barn on separate patio areas
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions - Dogs welcomed
- Central heating - Oil fired central heating and water heating.
- Real log/coal fires - Log Burner in Tom's Barn. Logs provided.
- Drying facilities - Tumble Drier in each barn.
- Ironing facilities - Iron and ironing board in each barn.
- Washing machine - Automatic wahing machine in each barn.
- Golf available (onsite or nearby) - Golf Courses at Matlock, Ashbourne, Derby.
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided - Bed linen and towels provided.
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement - Dogs accepted in Tom's Barn
- WiFi or internet access - WiFi access available in each barn.
- CD player
- DVD player - No DVDs provided. Guest must bring their own.
- Satellite TV - Free Sat Smart TV in both barns.
- Television - Free Sat Tv in each barn.
- Garden - Garden for guests and dogs to enjoy.
- Public house/Inn - The Sycamore Inn is in the village of Parwich. It serves food and has a well stocked shop.
Room/Unit Facilities: Douglas's Barn
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
- Spa bath
Property Facilities: Tom's Barn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
- Spa bath
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- grahamandhelenLondonTrip Type:CouplesPerfect!Friday, 6th July 2018We have stayed before many times in this cottage and it has always been excellent in every respect . When it changed hands we thought we would leave it for a while , to allow the new owners to settle... Read full review
- 492esgHigh Wycombe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPerfect BreakWednesday, 3rd October 2018We stayed in Douglas Barn which was perfect. The owners were flexible with our late notice booking change and generous with it. We were warmly welcomed and shown around and immediately felt at home... Read full review
- SarahjcavTrip Type:Friends getawayDouglas barnTuesday, 22nd January 2019Wonderful stay in beautiful location . Relaxing and quaint ... great hosts and welcoming . If you want a place like the film The holiday .... this is close Stone cottages , fields and mountains... Read full review
Map & Directions
Six weeks before guests arrive, after they have made their final payment, we always send local information including detailed instructions and a map of the village directing them to Tom's Barn and Douglas's Barn.Parwich is 7 miles from Ashbourne. There are limited buses to and from Ashbourne. The nearest mainline railway stations are Derby and Chesterfield (both approx. 20 miles).
Parking for Multiple unit properties:
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.