AboutOriginally a 17th century Drovers Inn and more recently a traditional Blacksmiths. Centrally located in the beautiful, rolling landscape of the Peak National Park and set in nearly 4 conservation acres, The Smithy, a lovingly restored Grade II listed building provides distinctive, private accommodation in a unique setting.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double en-suite||2||from £38.00 to £47.50 per person per night|
|Also available as:|
|Double en suite single occupancy||1||£76.00 per room per night|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Stars Guest Accommodation
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- Building of historical interest
Booking & Payment Details
- Euros accepted
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Lounge for residents' use
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- CD player
- DVD player
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Private parking
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Brian MTrip Type:CouplesExcellentSunday, 29th May 2016A very warm welcome by the hosts and location ideal for cycling the Tissington trail. Great breakfast set us up for both days. The rooms were separate from the main house which is good and a nice... Read full review
- adam gNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat secluded get awaySunday, 15th May 2016Very well presented with great attention to detail, all the little extras you'd expect to find in a top flight hotel! Lynn and Gary made us feel very welcome and cooked an amazing breakfast. A short... Read full review
- marksue2005LancashireTrip Type:CouplesWell looked after.Tuesday, 3rd May 2016Warm welcome and great base for what we wanted to do - cycling, walking and tea shops and village pubs. Everything clean and tidy. Well cooked breakfast with nice touches of fresh fruit, cheeses... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Ashbourne take the A515 towards Buxton. After approx 8 miles after the second turning for Biggin, continue for approx another 200 yards. You will then see a black and white sign for ""The Smithy""on your left. From Buxton take the A515 towards Ashbourne, after 10 miles (almost opposite Ivy House), turn right by sign ""The Smithy""
Hotels & B&Bs Self Assessment
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.