Spacious and welcoming countryside cottage with three bedrooms, dining room and stunning views from every window. With a lovely log fire and snuggly beds it is the perfect place for families and friends to get together, yet it is secluded and cosy enough for couples wanting a romantic hideaway - 10% discount for 2.
Based on a sheep farm in the Manifold Valley there are lots of lovely lambs in the Springtime, right over the garden fence.
This is prime walking country, some of the best in the Peak District - straight from the door. Bring your binoculars as the birdlife is very diverse, from redstarts to ravens. There are two cycle trails nearby with bike hire (we have a garage for your own bikes), quad-biking, sailing at Carsington and of course Alton Towers - all within a few miles.
Explore Chatsworth House and gardens, marvel at medieval Haddon Hall, sing along at Buxton Opera House, or have a flutter at Uttoxeter Races. The Potteries and Wedgwood, Bakewell (and its pudding), Ashbourne (with its famous Shrovetide football), Tissington Well Dressings, Hen Racing at Bonsall, Dovedale Stepping Stones, fascinating market towns, great 'shopping villages' and antique centres. Really, there is so much to see and do. Or just relax and enjoy those lovely views with a pint of local ale, brewed less than a mile away, and a slice of that Bakewell Pudding...
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Self-Catering||6||from £365.00 to £725.00 per unit per week||If you wish to start your holiday on a different day to the normal Saturday, we will do our best to accommodate you. Please ask.|
*Prices FROM £365 TO £725
We also offer short breaks of 3 nights (priced at approximately 75% of weekly price).
If you book a 3 night short break between Monday and Friday, you can have the 4th night absolutely FREE.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Visit England Hearing impaired in need of key services and facilities 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Accessibility - hearing 1
- Vibrating and/or flashing alarms provided
Booking & Payment Details
- Senior citizens reduced rates - 5% Discount for Senior Citizens. Let us know when you book through Visit Peak District.
- Travel agent bookings
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age but bear in mind there are a number of steps outside the cottage. We have a cot and high chair if requested.
- Cots available - Our cot can accommodate a child up to 24 months. Please bring your child's own cot bedding.
- High chairs available - We have two high chairs if you require them. Please ask.
- Cooker - Solid hob electric cooker
- Freezer - The freezer is above the fridge and is half the size of a normal freezer.
- Microwave cooker
- Advance booking essential - We would like 2 days notice of a new booking please.
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash - All linen washed according to Government guidelines regarding Covid.
- Capacity limit - One family unit only of up to 6 persons.
- Contactless check-in - We live nearby. The cottage will be unlocked prior to your arrival.
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment possible - We require pre-payment of your holiday so there will be no unnecessary contact.
- COVID-19 measures in place - Fully trained and certificated owner and cleaners. All unnecessary items removed from the cottage as per Government guidelines. However, we still have these items, such as games, so if you would like something, please ask.
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place - Please ask when booking. If Government lockdown prevents you from travelling then you will be given a full refund.
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed - Fully Covid-19 trained and certificated owner and cleaners.
- Deep cleaning between visitors - Always cleaned well and now we follow government guidelines with regard to disinfecting and sanitising touchpoint etc. Please ask if you have any queries.
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible - You can book online or email us direct on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open now - From the 12th April we will be welcoming visitors.
- Outside seating
- Central heating - Please note - the heating is not 'central heating' per se, but is by night storage radiators. However, they are very effective.
- Real log/coal fires - You are welcome to have a real fire. An initial supply of fuel is supplied F.O.C. Extra logs in the garage - available to purchase.
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine
- Cycles for hire - Nearby, next to the Tissington Trail or in Waterhouses, on the Manifold Trail.
- Free WIFI
- Golf available (onsite or nearby) - Nearby, in Ashbourne.
- Gym on site - Not onsite but in Ashbourne locally.
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby) - Ashbourne, nearby.
- Pony trekking/horse-riding - The closest is near Buxton, not too far. We have details we can send to you if you are interested.
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided - All linen, including towels, is provided. Linen is changed weekly in the event of a longer booking. During the pandemic you are very welcome to bring your own at a reduced rate.
- Sleeps up to 6 - Double room, twin room and adult-sized bunks.
- Free Parking
- Private parking - Parking on the drive and garage for one car.
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Non-smoking property
- WiFi or internet access - We provide free wi-fi.
- CD player - On request.
- DVD player - In the television.
- Ground floor bedroom - PLEASE NOTE - there are 9 STEPS up to the front door. However, once inside, ALL rooms are on one level and spacious.
- Satellite TV
- Scenic view - Stunning countryside views from every window.
- Shower - Overbath shower.
- Television - Normal size TV, not massive.
- Garden - The cottage is surrounded by lawns for your use.
- Working farm - The Orchards is based on a working Sheep Farm. There will be lambs to see in Spring and lots of wildlife. For Health and Safety reasons, you are NOT ALLOWED on the farm. Please also keep to the Footpaths.
- Single sex groups welcomed - Please let us know if your group is single sex and whether male or female - it helps with 'dressing' the cottage.
Room/Unit Facilities: Self-Catering
- Ground floor bedroom
- Scenic view
- Accessibility - hearing 1
Map & Directions
Limited bus connections from Ashbourne. Stoke and Derby stations both 20 miles away. From Ashbourne take the A515 towards Dovedale and Ilam. SatNav will send you wrong from Ilam, so follow these directions please. Go through Ilam bearing right, go past school on right. After 100 yards turn LEFT on a corner to Throwley and Castern. At the bottom of the lane, over cattle grid and FORK LEFT alongside a river, over cattle grid again and Rushley farm is ahead. Do not follow the road to the right, but go straight on and the drive to The Orchards is on the right.
Public Transport Directions
You will need a car to come to our rural cottage. However, once here, you can book one of the local minibuses to pick you up. Details in the cottage.
Self Catering Self Assessment
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.