For the perfect escape, why not visit our award-winning holiday cottage on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
You can take advantage of our luxury Five Star Gold Award self catering holiday cottage in Derbyshire as part of a short break with mid week and weekends available, we're here for you all year round. One well behaved dog welcome, by prior arrangement, charged at £25 per stay.
Appealing conversion of Grade II listed former grain store, combining 18th Century character and charm with 21st Century style and comfort. This luxury stone barn conversion has been renovated to provide the ultimate self catering get away from it all break in the Derbyshire Dales. Set in 5 acres of private landscaped gardens, pastureland and outstanding views, you will not want to leave. The cottage has the added extra of its own private Hot Tub on the patio overlooking the open countryside. Our lovingly built Shepherds Hut is also available to rent to accommodate 8 in total (featured on the front cover of Period Living Magazine), please see website for information.
The barn is set in an idyllic, private location in the rural hamlet of Wheatcroft, being just 4 miles from Matlock. The building has been restored to incredibly high standards and offers spacious accommodation in which you can relax and unwind in a wonderful setting. Oak beamed ceilings and beautifully appointed to an extremely high standard with quality furnishings and close attention to detail. The area is excellent for walking, with the barn being an ideal place to explore the Peak District National Park. Alternatively there is plenty of sightseeing shopping in nearby market towns of Ashbourne, Bakewell, Buxton, Derby and Nottingham.
Perfectly located in the Peak District Derbyshire, our luxury self catering barn is within easy reach of tourism favourites such as Chatsworth House, which also hosts the RHS Chatsworth show each June. Haddon Hall, Tissington, Kedleston Hall, Eyam Hall, Sudbury to name just a few.
Other activities close by include pony trekking, cycling, golfing, climbing, caving, quad biking, paint ball activities, archery, Alton Towers, Gullivers Kingdom, Crich Tramway.
Derbyshire really has it all, whether you want to explore the area or just pamper yourselves by taking a dip in our hydrotherapy spa hot tub, look no further than The Old Granary for your chance to indulge in pure luxury. For more information, don't hesitate to contact us today on 01629 530941.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Shepherd's Hut||2||The hut is situated in its own peaceful wild flower meadow just a stones throw away from the cottage with wonderful views over rolling countryside. (Please note) The Shepherd's Hut can only be booked in conjunction with The Old Granary.|
|The Old Granary||6||£89.00 per unit per night||Beech Farm and its barns date back to the 16th Century and are Grade-II listed. The Old Granary is a luxury self-catering barn conversion which has been lovingly restored and sleeps six. The barn is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty overlooking far reaching views of the Derbyshire Dales which may be enjoyed from the private Hot Tub.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Visit England Visit England - Gold Award 2019
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age: Selection of games available
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Washing machine
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking - Maps in the cottage
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- CD player
- DVD player - Plus a DVD Library
- Hot Tub
- Television - Surround Sound System
- Building of historical interest
Room/Unit Facilities: The Old Granary
- Hot Tub
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good6
- Bronwyn WNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomFabulous house in beautiful tranquil countrysideTuesday, 21st July 2020Had a great mini break at the Granary-just what was needed after months of lockdown. Very chilled sitting in the hot tub with a beer admiring the beautiful scenery. Amanda and Martin gave us a... Read full review
- Trip22359394391The Old Granary -Great views, walks, peaceful and a hot tubTuesday, 15th September 2020The views from the Old Granary are great and its such a peaceful location and we received a wonderful welcome from the owners who were very informative and a great welcome pack of eggs, butter, wine... Read full review
- Julia0860Perfect family weekend in an excellent locationWednesday, 7th October 2020This is a great luxury cottage with fantastic views of the countryside. The hot-tub is a real selling point and we used it every evening despite the weather! The hosts made us very welcome and... Read full review