AboutThe Mousehole is a 17th Century stone cottage with original features including open fire, beams and lots of character. Surrounded by the rural beauty of Cotton Dell, with acres of woods, farmland and public footpaths for walkers. Established cycle paths only a short distance away. Cycle hire near by.
Guest accommodation comprises of three double en-suite bedrooms, newly refurbished. Outside there is a garden with several picnic areas, a safe car park and covered storage for cycles.
The Mousehole is about 2 miles from Alton Towers, approximately 10 miles from The Potteries (A Shopping Paradise). For those who wish to see the wild life there are Bird Sanctuary's and working farms. Ilam and Dovedale, The Roaches (famous for rock climbing) and Buxton the famous spa town are within easy reach. Our location has something for everyone to do.
Within a short distance we have a good local pub and restaurants, serving quality food and beers. We can provide vegetarian and gluten free food, with prior notice, and packed lunches if required.
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 22nd Jan 2017
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 23rd Jan 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double en-suite||2||£32.50 per person per night for bed & breakfast||Week end booking 2 night minimum stay only Friday/Saturday Telephone for one night booking|
|Double en-suite||3||£32.50 per person per night for bed & breakfast||Week end booking 2 night minimum stay, Telphone for one night booking plus single bed if needed Single room supplement £10.00|
|Double/Twin/Flx||5||£40.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast||Week end booking 2 night stay only Friday/Saturday|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- Staffordshire Awards Staffordshire Approved Visitor Accommodation 2016
- Building of historical interest
Booking & Payment Details
- Euros accepted
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- High chairs available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
Room/Unit Facilities: Double en-suite
Room/Unit Facilities: Double en-suite
Room/Unit Facilities: Double/Twin/Flx
- Ground floor bedroom
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- Hazel MTrip Type:FamilyFabulousSunday, 27th November 2016as a family of 6 we stayed for one night so we could attend the splashzone at Alton towers. And I must say it was a really really great stay we all had a lovely sleep & rooms came with en-suite... Read full review
- Trip Type:FamilyOvernattingWednesday, 27th July 2016Keith and Sandra were excellent hosts for us. Very helpful and friendly. We, a family of four spent two nights in The Mousehole B & B. Wifi. Perfect for visiting Alton Towers. Very good local pub for... Read full review
- jarkohakkinenSavonlinna, FinlandTrip Type:FamilyGood place to stay when exploring StaffordshireThursday, 21st July 2016Friendly place with well equipped rooms and a great breakfast. When we visited it, the rooms were slightly damp, not unheard of in British climate. Beautiful countryside around with quite a few... Read full review
Map & Directions
By road M6 Junction 15 - A500 to A50 left at Meir take A520 towards Leek. Cellarhead turn right A52 Ashbourne Road. Turn right for Cotton, The Mousehole 1/4 mile on the left.
From Leek - A523 Ashbourne road turn right after Little Chef (Alton Towers) follow road to A52 turn right 1/2 mile left for Cotton. The Mousehole 1/4 mile on left.
From Ashbourne - A52 to Stoke-on-Trent left onto B5417 to Oakamoor turn right at Star pub into Cotton. The Mousehole is 3/4 mile on right.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.