AboutA warm welcome awaits at our bed and breakfast in Hartington. Nearby is Dovedale, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall as well as Bakewell, famous for it's puddings.
Stay in our beautifully restored limestone barn, relax in our delightful bedrooms, ground floor rooms are available, all are en-suite and enjoy our comfortable beds.
Our delicious, locally sourced breakfasts are served in our adjacent dining room. We are situated in a central, yet quiet location with many walks/ cycle trails from the door.
Explore local market towns such as Leek and Ashbourne as well as Buxton with it's delightful Opera House.
Close by is both the Tissington and Manifold trails as well as Carsington water where walking,cycling and watersports are all available.
There are many local pubs nearby all serving excellent food.
Min stay usually two nights at w/ends and three nights bank holidays.Secure cycle storage. No children. No wedding guests/stag/henparties.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double ensuite||2||£75.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Twin ensuite||2||£75.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Working farm
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Vegetarian diet available
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Private parking
Room/Unit Facilities: Double ensuite
- Ground floor bedroom
- King-sized bed
Room/Unit Facilities: Twin ensuite
- Ground floor bedroom
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- pete805Sheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely comfortable stayThursday, 23rd February 2017We really enjoyed our stay at the Hayloft. Warm and well equipped bedroom, comfortable bed, fantastic shower, and an excellent breakfast. Jane was very welcoming and we will very happy to return... Read full review
- Sheila MLancashireTrip Type:CouplesA great "get away from it all" weekend in first class accommodation in ideal rural locationMonday, 21st November 2016Lovely spacious warm accommodation, first class cooked breakfast, all local produce, ideal location for Hartington village, walking, cycling or just visiting one of the two pubs (both within 2... Read full review
- lyn63kentTrip Type:CouplesNice staySunday, 25th September 2016Nice comfortable bed, breakfast was ok, the only problem was there was no windows open where Jane was cooking the breakfast and it was quite smoky but overall for the money it was fine for a stopover. Read full review
Map & Directions
If travelling north from Ashbourne towards Buxton, approx 11 miles from Ashbourne. On the A515 after passing through Newhaven and a petrol station on right hand side, just before Jug & Glass public house turn left (signposted Hartington). On entering the village centre, the Devonshire Arms public house is on the left. Look right and you will see the Hart of the Country Gift Shop. To the left is Church Street. Turn up this road and The Hayloft is the second property on the left hand side.
From the M1, exit at Junction 24 then take the A50 West and then A515.
There is a good bus service between Ashbourne and Buxton.