AboutA warm welcome awaits at our bed and breakfast in Hartington. Nearby is Dovedale, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall as well as Bakewell, famous for it's puddings.
Stay in our beautifully restored limestone barn, relax in our delightful bedrooms, ground floor rooms are available, all are en-suite and enjoy our comfortable beds.
Our delicious, locally sourced breakfasts are served in our adjacent dining room. We are situated in a central, yet quiet location with many walks/ cycle trails from the door.
Explore local market towns such as Leek and Ashbourne as well as Buxton with it's delightful Opera House.
Close by is both the Tissington and Manifold trails as well as Carsington water where walking,cycling and watersports are all available.
There are many local pubs nearby all serving excellent food.
Min stay usually two nights at w/ends and three nights bank holidays.Secure cycle storage. No children. No wedding guests/stag/henparties.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double ensuite||2||£75.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Double Ensuite||2||£80.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Double Ensuite||2||£80.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Twin ensuite||2||£75.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- Central heating
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Working farm
Room/Unit Facilities: Double ensuite
- Ground floor bedroom
- King-sized bed
Room/Unit Facilities: Twin ensuite
- Ground floor bedroom
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good8
- Chris WCheltenham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAnother excellent weekend at Hayloft B&BTuesday, 25th June 2019Just back from another trip to Derbyshire with a 3 night stay at Hayloft. As good as ever. Good breakfasts with locally sourced food items. Comfortable room. Abundant hot water for showers. Wifi a... Read full review
- parwhite1United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWilson and WhiteFriday, 2nd August 2019Stayed in the Stables twin room. It was very nice. Good sized room with great shower and comfy beds. Breakfast was lovely. Excellent location. Could not fault stay. Had dinner in Devonshire Arms... Read full review
- FOREST1967derbyTrip Type:CouplesNight awayMonday, 6th January 2020Lovely location very close to the pubs and shops .The room was clean tidy and warm with a large comfy bed .Had a nice relaxing stay with the host being helpful and friendly. There’s a couple of... Read full review
Map & Directions
If travelling north from Ashbourne towards Buxton, approx 11 miles from Ashbourne. On the A515 after passing through Newhaven and a petrol station on right hand side, just before Jug & Glass public house turn left (signposted Hartington). On entering the village centre, the Devonshire Arms public house is on the left. Look right and you will see the Hart of the Country Gift Shop. To the left is Church Street. Turn up this road and The Hayloft is the second property on the left hand side.
From the M1, exit at Junction 24 then take the A50 West and then A515.
There is a good bus service between Ashbourne and Buxton.