A beautiful retreat in a tranquil setting, superb views, bordering the Peak District National Park. Many original 18th century features, full of character, all home comforts, a perfect retreat. Spacious yet cosy, super king size beds, wood-burning stove, farmhouse style kitchen, CTV x2, DVD, VCR, pool table. Ideal location, cycling, golf, fishing, Alton Towers 10 minutes away. Brochure available. Short breaks available. Sleeps 6 - 8 + cot.
There is great walking from the door, cycling on the nearby High Peak and trails (cycle hire locally or bring your own - storage available).
The area is for numerous Stately Homes and National Trust properties with their beautiful gardens - Chatsworth, Haddon, Hardwick, Kedleston and Sudbury to name but a few. There is wonderful antique hunting, village well dressings and crafts, farmer's markets and factory outlets.
Come and relax surrounded by fabulous views!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Grooms Quarters||8||from £595.00 to £950.00 per unit per week||Unique retreat - Super king beds - wood-burning stove - farmhouse style kitchen - pool table - short breaks com. Fridays & Mondays - dogs welcome 'Just for two' discounts (excl. peak season)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Tennis onsite
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- CD player
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
Room/Unit Facilities: Grooms Quarters
- King-sized bed - Super King Size
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Y5824VTpaulcFabulous holiday cottage with loads of character, great views and lovely location.Friday, 25th June 2021Immaculate. Extremely well equipped. Very good internet. Very helpful and lovely owner. This is a cosy but spacious cottage. Three very nice bedrooms, including a pretty special master bedroom. Very... Read full review
- Smithys4plus1LondonBeautiful Property, great location and viewsMonday, 30th August 2021Accommodation was wonderful, had everything you could need well equipped and home and kitchen was spotless. Loved the peacefulness there and was great for our family and dog too. Ann was such a... Read full review
- SGee2022Northamptonshire, United KingdomFantastic StaySaturday, 30th April 2022Thankyou Ann we had the most fantastic stay, Immaculate and really well equipped with everything you need even wine and brownies yum!, had great wifi just everything you need home from home... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Uttoxeter off the A50 take the B5030From Ashbourne off the A52 take the B5032At Ellastone take the turning signed Leek/Wootton (right turn if approaching from Ashbourne or left turn when approaching from Uttoxeter). In approximately 1 mile, when entering Wootton, take a right turn into the centre of the village, looking for Hall Lane (signed), follow this for approximately 1/4 mile, go through the stone pillars, proceed straight ahead down the drive until you see the Coach House yard - please enter.