Just a stroll away from the splendour of Chatsworth House, The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley is a village Inn with charm by the pint.
The small, pretty village of Pilsley is filled with charming sandstone cottages, with many of its houses being owned by the Chatsworth Estate.
The comfortable, traditionally-styled country Inn rooms each feature stylish, understated décor and an intimate atmosphere. All boast a double bed and duck down duvets.
The Head Chef sources local ingredients, most of which come from the Chatsworth Estate. Drinks include a curated selection of local cask ales, including the famous Chatsworth Gold. Featuring food straight from the land and an atmosphere you won’t find anywhere else, this is the kind of place you wish you could call your local. There’s even a place to rest your head if you want to stay the night.
So why not let it be your local, for a little while at least? Explore the land, have dinner and a nightcap by the fire, and do it all again tomorrow.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Birchills||2||from £124.00 to £155.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A light and airy bedroom with plenty of natural light and a beautiful view over the small village of Pilsley. Decorated in neutral colours with splashes of red in the bedhead and curtains. Large en suite bathroom with shower bath, basin and w.c.|
|Bramley||2||from £89.00 to £115.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A traditional bedroom with fantastic character. The green bedhead, and floral curtains add to the cosy ambiance, and the green bedside drawers give the room an individual feel. This bedroom overlooks Pilsley village and has a large en suite bathroom with shower bath, basin and w.c.|
|Dunsa||2||from £89.00 to £99.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A fabulous mosaic mirror provides the focal point for this bedroom. Decorated with deep red fabrics, this bedroom is warm and cosy. With pretty views over the village of Pilsley, this bedroom has an en suite bathroom with shower, basin and w.c.|
|Ewe Close||2||from £99.00 to £124.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Lightly decorated in neutral colours of beige and pale green, this bedroom overlooks a pristine garden. The feature of this room is the modern walk-in, double shower. Large en suite bathroom with shower, basin and w.c.|
|Fold||2||from £114.00 to £135.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A stunning double bedroom with views over the Derbyshire countryside. Vibrant red fabrics with dark wooden furniture make this bedroom warm and homely. En suite bathroom with shower bath, basin and w.c.|
|Handley Bottom||2||from £99.00 to £124.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A beautiful cheerful bedroom, decorated with cream walls and spring-green splashes in the bedhead and curtains. En suite bathroom with shower bath, basin and w.c.|
|Redway||2||from £103.00 to £134.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||This lovely spacious room is traditionally decorated with warm red fabrics, and has large desk plus a sofa bed. This bedroom offers views over the Derbyshire countryside. Large en suite bathroom with shower bath basin and w.c.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Inn
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District Tourism Awards 2020 - Ethical Responsible & Sustainable Tourism Silver Award 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2022 - Pub - Gold Award 2022
- Electric car charging point
Booking & Payment Details
- Christmas special programme
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Cooked Breakfast
- Evening meals
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Vegetarian diet available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- Free WIFI
- Car Charging
- Free Parking on Site
- On street/public parking
- Private parking
- Designated smoking area
- Dogs Accepted
- Pet Friendly
- WiFi or internet access
- Wood Burner
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private facilities
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Public house/Inn
Room/Unit Facilities: Dunsa
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good189
- felinesussex11Sedlescombe, United Kingdomsunday lunchMonday, 6th June 2022we booked for sunday lunch after going to chatworth. partner had beef i had chicken with all the trimmings i asked for a 'childs' size which came out like and adults! both excellent and very nice and... Read full review
- johnlX4575KFMatlock Bath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful tastefull well kept public house and hotel good food menu and selection of wines idylicWednesday, 15th June 2022Lovely place clean well kept well celared drink, we both loved it the day was gloriously hot and the bear garden and village beautiful tge food and menu exellent too well presented and polite... Read full review
- Clare MTrip Type:CouplesWhat a great place !Friday, 17th June 2022A pleasure from start to finish. The staff were literally amazing. Without exception they couldn’t have been friendlier and more efficient. They also bent over to accommodate our dog which was... Read full review
Map & Directions
The Chatsworth Estate is approximately 40 minutes drive from the M1 via either Chesterfield or Sheffield in the direction of Bakewell – A619.At the roundabout in Baslow take the first exit B6012.Continue forward onto Bakewell Road (B6012) and follow the signs for Chatsworth.There are 2 exits signposted to Pilsley to the right off this road. Take the 2nd exit - at the next junction turn right again signposted Pilsley - The Devonshire Arms is in the centre of the village.