THE COW AT DALBURY – is a small luxury country inn offering 12 individually designed guest rooms with stylish en-suite facilities. All rooms are furnished to an exceptionally high standard and offer smart TV's, free WIFI, Nespresso coffee machines, intelligent software 'open key' door systems, room safes and refrigerators, lightweight waffle bathrobes and Molton Brown toiletries. A Guest information pack can be found in each room providing a personally handpicked eclectic collection of things to do and see whilst you are staying there.
Alongside the rooms, there is a convivial bar and restaurant area offering an eclectic sharing plates menu (british tapas style) which has gone down very well with casual diners seeking something fresh, fun and a little different to the norm.
The casual dining restaurant/bar has undergone an extensive refurbishment programme and this has created many a talking point amongst visitors to the area. The rural and peaceful Derbyshire location makes an ideal base for corporate visitors to local industry, as well as, leisure clients visiting the sublime Derbyshire and Peak District countryside. Their extensive menus offer locally sourced food with vegetarian and gluten free options are complimented by a fine range of premium beverages steered by seasonality and provenance.
The Peak District and National Parks are renowned for their spectacular and breath-taking scenery. The surrounding countryside offers everything from the most magnificent country houses, to a plethora of walks and outdoor pursuits for discerning guests, we have secure bike storage on site for those wishing to bring their bicycles and equally can suggest local cycle routes and places to hire equipment. They can put together a bespoke itinerary to suit your individual requirements and suggest places for you to visit or even organise a day at the local spa in the picturesque market town of Ashbourne for those with tired and weary feet or perhaps with rest and relaxation in mind. The Cow really is the ideal location for those wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of life!
It is no wonder they have been named by The Times Weekend Supplement as No1 in 'Britain's 30 best summer pubs' back in June 2018 and since then have won may prestigious awards giving us recognition of transforming an iconic Derbyshire pub.
They are a member of Sawday’s inspected and selected special places to stay.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|King Size with en-suite||16||£150.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Super King/Twin en-suite||8||£150.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good39
- O9465SKsteveBoston Spa, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWeekend with daughter and her husbandWednesday, 22nd September 2021Fantastic place, lovely rooms and friendly service. Restaurant was closed due to staffing issues, however it gave us the chance to try both the nearby Horseshoes and The Cock Inn ( both within the... Read full review
- O7273ZIdavidbHanham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesUnwelcomingFriday, 8th October 2021We came in here for a drink. Was greeted by man behind the bar who starred at us as if to say what do you want. We did not feel welcome at all and felt like we had walked into someone’s house... Read full review
- S1675MFkatehLondon, United KingdomWhat a Wonderful StayWednesday, 20th October 2021I and my partner stayed for three nights at The Cow in mid-October. It was our first holiday for more than two years and a real treat. Staff were friendly and attentive, the room was extremely... Read full review