THE COW AT DALBURY – is a small luxury country inn offering 12 individually designed guest rooms with stylish en-suite facilities. All rooms are furnished to an exceptionally high standard and offer smart TV's, free WIFI, Nespresso coffee machines, intelligent software 'open key' door systems, room safes and refrigerators, lightweight waffle bathrobes and Molton Brown toiletries. A Guest information pack can be found in each room providing a personally handpicked eclectic collection of things to do and see whilst you are staying there.
Alongside the rooms, there is a convivial bar and restaurant area with beautiful orangery overlooking the tranquil village green. The casual dining restaurant/bar has undergone an extensive refurbishment programme in recent years and a new menu has recently been created by talented Head Chef Nathan Senior, "The Catch at The Cow" which is quite a talking point amongst visitors to the area. Many of their customers are looking to eat healthier, and many enjoy fish and seafood. However, finding high-quality fresh produce in the middle of Derbyshire wasn't easy. Nathan a Cornishman, expressed his ambition to bring the joy of Cornish fish and seafood to local people, and to this end, he went back to Cornwall to set up supplies from boats in Newlyn, Looe, Mevagissey and other Cornish ports. It is imperative that they receive fish as fresh as possible, and to this end, they have set up a system to take fish landed on the day, packed on ice and delivered to The Cow the following morning. While the restaurant’s focus is on Cornish Seafood, there are options such as prime Derbyshire beef and vegan, vegetarian options to provide something for all tastes.
The rural and peaceful Derbyshire location makes an ideal base for corporate visitors to local industry, as well as, leisure clients visiting the sublime Derbyshire and Peak District countryside. Their extensive menus offer are complimented by a fine range of premium beverages steered by seasonality and provenance.
The Peak District and National Parks are renowned for their spectacular and breath-taking scenery. The surrounding countryside offers everything from the most magnificent country houses, to a plethora of walks and outdoor pursuits for discerning guests, we have secure bike storage on site for those wishing to bring their bicycles and equally can suggest local cycle routes and places to hire equipment. They can put together a bespoke itinerary to suit your individual requirements and suggest places for you to visit or even organise a day at the local spa in the picturesque market town of Ashbourne for those with tired and weary feet or perhaps with rest and relaxation in mind. The Cow really is the ideal location for those wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of life!
It is no wonder they have been named by The Times Weekend Supplement as No1 in 'Britain's 30 best summer pubs' and since then have won may prestigious awards giving us recognition of transforming an iconic Derbyshire pub. They can boost holding the TripAdvisors Visitors Choice Badge since they re-opened.
They are a member of Sawday’s inspected and selected special places to stay.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|King Size with en-suite||16||£150.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Super King/Twin en-suite||8||£150.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good39
- MollieArchieLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDelightfulSunday, 5th June 2022Perfect stopover Scotland to London. Delightful garden room with spacious shower / bathroom. Dinner & breakfast have been excellent. Beautiful village green outside. Ample parking. Fun decor... Read full review
- shelleyb893Trip Type:FamilyDisaster! Drinks extortionate, staff disinterestedSunday, 19th June 2022Met my son after work for a drink and conversation, when he arrived staff didn't greet him and he waited several minutes to be asked what he would like to drink as bar staff was more concerned with... Read full review
- Honestreviewer60FAB-U-LOS!Tuesday, 21st June 2022My husband and I stayed for 6 nights (room 3), last week, June 2022. This was our first visit to the Peak District and what a little gem we found! The food, especially the breakfasts, were just... Read full review