AboutThe Cavendish Hotel is set on Chatsworth Estate, within easy walking distance of the Park and surroundings.
The highly commended Gallery restaurant, famous for its excellent and regularly changing menu.
The informal Garden Room, with its relaxed atmosphere, serving food and drink from 10am to 10pm, overlooking the Chatsworth Estate.
All 23 bedrooms have unique and truly magnificent views over the Chatsworth Estate.
Unique collection of over 300 pictures, from fine art to twentieth century graffiti.
Luxuriously appointed bedrooms, many with antique furniture and fine art, featuring every modern facility.
The truly sumptuous Redesdale Suite, completely renovated in January 2009
In addition the hotel offers:
Board Room and Private Dining Room for segregated meetings and private functions.
The Cavendish shop, with it’s range of both essentials and luxury items.
Extensive gardens and putting green.
Exclusive local fishing rights for Chatsworth Estate and Monsal Dale Fisheries.
Breakfast all morning!
The Cavendish Hotel has been highly commended by numerous guides and, situated in the heart of the Peak District National Park, is ideally located for business and for pleasure.
Naturally, we offer a non smoking environment throughout the Hotel for your comfort.
Locted within Chatsworth Park
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 22nd Jan 2017
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 23rd Jan 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double en-suite||2||from £163.00 to £181.00 per room per night||All the Cavendish bedrooms overlook Chatsworth Estate in the Peak District and are luxuriously appointed with twin or double beds, private bathrooms with bath and shower, direct dial phone, computer modems, television, hairdryer, refrigerated bar and beverage facility.|
|Redesdale Suite||3||£280.00 per room per night||Available for nightly letting or by the month, this suite is self contained. It comprises on two floors :Sitting room with open fire Ground floor shower room, Air-conditioned double bedroom with super-king sized bed and fine antique furniture. Main luxury bathroom with shower All the features common to the other rooms at the Cavendish Hotel. Private entrance and lobby|
|Superior Rooms||2||from £194.00 to £215.00 per room per night||These are two 'superior rooms' (16 & 21) located in the Mitford Wing. Both feature double aspect picture windows with particularly pleasant views over the Estate and are larger than standard bedded rooms.|
|The 'Inn' Rms||2||from £194.00 to £215.00 per room per night||These are generally larger rooms which occupy the original Peacock Inn (the oldest section of the Hotel) and include four poster, brass or king size beds, luxury bathrooms, fine art and antique furniture. Many feature original iron fireplaces. Superior Rooms|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 2 AA Rosettes
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- Other Accommodation Awards Signpost 2016
- Building of historical interest
Booking & Payment Details
- American Express accepted
- Christmas special programme
- Euros accepted
- Travel agent bookings
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Staff fluent in Polish
- Designated smoking area
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Laundry/valet service
- Lounge for residents' use
- Night porter
- Telephone (public)
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Baby listening service
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Evening meals
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- DVD player
- Minibar in bedrooms
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Private parking
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Conference facilities
Room/Unit Facilities: Double en-suite
- Private facilities
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Redesdale Suite
- King-sized bed
Room/Unit Facilities: Superior Rooms
Room/Unit Facilities: The 'Inn' Rms
- Four poster bed
- Ground floor bedroom
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good150
- Mark MSheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAn amazing gem of a hotelTuesday, 17th January 2017We stayed with friends on a Sunday night, enjoyed delicious afternoon tea and later an incredible 3 course meal in the hotels restaurant. The hotel was quiet but the atmosphere totally warm and... Read full review
- Paul BDisley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA real treatSunday, 15th January 2017Although we only live 20 miles away we went to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were lucky and were upgraded to a truly stunning suite. I had mentioned very briefly when booking a table for dinner... Read full review
- ExpatKL88Kuala LumpurTrip Type:CouplesBirthday TreatMonday, 9th January 2017On my list of all time favourites and this visit to celebrate the wife's birthday and a two night stay before heading to the airport and home. My previous review was in 2013 and what I said then... Read full review
Map & Directions
From M1, J29 take A617 westwards to Chesterfield and A619 to Baslow, signposted Baslow, Bakewell, Buxton and Chatsworth. From north west (Manchester) take A6 southeast through Stockport, signposted Buxton, after Chapel en le Frith, turn left A623 (signposted Chesterfield) to Baslow. From southwest M6 junction 17, take A534 to Congleton, A54 to Buxton, A6 to Bakewell and A619 to Baslow. The Cavendish Hotel is in the village centre.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.