AboutThe Cables is a detached house on the A6, opposite High Tor, between Matlock Bath and Matlock. A special place to relax and enjoy your time away we offer bed and breakfast all year round. Enjoy our log fire in the guest lounge. Licensed with mini-bars -all our three rooms have en-suite or private bathroom. (vegetarian/gluten free option). We have 2 4 poster rooms and a double/twin room. Ten minutes walk will take you to the Heights of Abraham, the famous cable cars of Matlock Bath. Visit Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, or enjoy the beauty of the Peak District -a walkers' paradise. Off road parking, lock up garage available for bikers, cyclists, fisherman or canoeists. Onsite parking for 4 cars. The Cables is a great place to enjoy your time away whether you just want a relaxing break, romantic weekend, or an energetic hike along the local walks. Or relax in the hot tub and watch your pizza cooked in the outdoor oven licensed bar. till 10pm. Maureen and Roger provide those little extras we all like, with a comfortable bed and a breakfast to remember!
Guest Lounge: The lounge has books, maps and local information for guests use.
Guest Dining Room: refreshments for sale, ice bucket for cooling wine.
Garden: Guests are welcome to relax in the garden where the climbers can be viewed on High Tor opposite, and the Bar-b-que available for hire on patio with open fire.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|4 Poster ensuit||2||£45.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast||4 poster (king size, bed en-suite )Luxury Egyptian linen and towels. LCD TV with Sky, soft lighting, champagne bucket, candles. scenic view, reading lamps,Fridge, travel cot available, window shutters for noise reduction.|
|Double en-suite||2||from £40.00 to £42.50 per person per night for bed & breakfast||en-suite, tea and coffee, fridge, hair drier and LCD freeview TV, guest robes and slippers, scenic view room will t travel cot available, window shutters for noise reduction.|
|double/twin||2||from £38.00 to £40.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast||Family (double and single bed and cot) Large private shower room, lockable, tea/coffee. fridge, hair dryer, LCD freeview TV, guest robes and slippers,travel cot available, garden view.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- Building of historical interest
Booking & Payment Details
- Christmas special programme
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Designated smoking area
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Laundry/valet service
- Lounge for residents' use
- Television available
- WiFi or internet access
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- CD player
- DVD player
- Minibar in bedrooms
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Private parking
Room/Unit Facilities: 4 Poster ensuit
- Four poster bed
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Double en-suite
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: double/twin
- Private facilities
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good31
- drfoxy1966nottinghamTrip Type:CouplesVery good accommodation. Mary Celeste style hosting let it downTuesday, 3rd January 2017After reading many many excellent reviews of this fabulous Derbyshire B&B we booked for New years Eve. On booking the proprietor kindly offered to collect us from the train station. Based on... Read full review
- Christopher AGloucestershireTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat B&BTuesday, 20th December 2016Stayed here as a group of ten, nice welcome, rooms clean and tidy, bed very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent, each one cooked fresh as each person arrived. Nice and handy to Matlock Bath... Read full review
- Pixie8203Trip Type:CouplesMinimoon stayTuesday, 22nd November 2016This place was definitely 5 stars to us. It's charming, romantic, warm and nothing was too much for Roger. We celebrated our minimoon here just this weekend and we were welcomed with a candlelit room... Read full review
Map & Directions
The Cables is mid-way between Matlock and Matlock Bath on the A6, both about 20 minute walk away and it is appproximately 12 miles to the M1.
Situated about ten minutes walk away from the Heights of Abraham, the famous Cable Cars of Matlock Bath which ascend the Tor is the Cables Bed and Breakfast can be found.
There is a train service from Derby to Matlock and a bus service from outside the house to Matlock, Bakewell and Derby.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.