AboutCome to Swallow Barn for an idyllic rural retreat in the heart of the Peak District National Park. A cosy little 17c stone barn for two, it combines modern comforts with oak beams - the perfect mix of old and new. Set in Chelmorton, there are walks from the door and beautiful countryside to explore in every direction, plus a traditional village pub serving good food. In the summer you can sit out on your private patio and enjoy the peace and tranquility. The market towns of Buxton and Bakewell are within easy reach, as are the historic houses of Chatsworth and Haddon Hall.
South facing, the detached property is approached from the road by a walled path which leads to a private, flagged patio area with roses and garden furniture. French windows open into the light and airy kitchen dining/lounge area, with a beamed ceiling which goes up to the rafters, wooden floor and comfortable seating. One corner is occupied by the well-equipped kitchen. An archway leads into the bedroom, with comfortable double bed and en-suite shower room. The accommodation is open plan all on one level and offers everything you need for a relaxing holiday. One well behaved dog welcome. Short breaks available.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Swallow Barn||2||from £315.00 to £375.00 per unit per week||This property is open plan and all on one level and therefore suitable for people with limited mobility. There are however three steps on the path to the property.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Visit England VisitEngland Cyclists Welcome 2016
- Visit England VisitEngland Pets Welcome 2016
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
Booking & Payment Details
- Euros accepted
- Staff fluent in Italian
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- CD player
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Ironing facilities
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- On street/public parking
Property Facilities: Swallow Barn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Ground floor bedroom
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- JenniferWhiteheadLiverpool, United KingdomGreat cottage, fab locationSaturday, 7th January 2017We stayed here mid-December and will definitely go back! The cottage is well equipped and really cosy and clean, with great walking routes either straight from the front door or with good access by... Read full review
- Simon JGood base for Peak DistrictMonday, 21st November 2016This was our second stay at Swallow Barn. The cottage is cosy and warm, just right for two. Chelmorton is a good base for exploring the northern Peak District, with easy access to Buxton by car or... Read full review
- AudeadeLeicester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCozy and cleanThursday, 17th November 2016We found Swallow Barn perfect for the two of us, with good facilities. The wi-fi was a bit patchy but once rebooted was much better. Chelmorton is a lovely village and a good base for walking. Even... Read full review
Map & Directions
Approach by car from either the A515 (Buxton to Ashbourne road) or the A6 (Bakewell to Buxton road). Turn onto A5270 and take signposted turning into village. Swallow Barn is approximately half way up the main street of the village on the left hand side (going up the road), past the stone telephone box but before the minor road turning. Owners live at The Green, next to Swallow Barn.
Parking for Multiple unit properties:
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.