AboutYou will find a warm welcome awaits you at Stonecroft, our award winning family run Guesthouse in the heart of the Derbyshire Peak District. The setting of our charming period home never ceases to appeal and we are lucky enough to be situated in the beautiful and historic hamlets of Edale at the start of the Pennine Way.
Stonecroft offers the perfect break away. You can walk, visit local attractions, or simply relax and enjoy the tranquility, stunning scenery, wildlife, and wonderful food.
We have two guest bedrooms: one with stained glass windows, a private shower room and views towards Mam Tor ridge. The other has an en-suite shower room, antique mahogany furniture and views towards Kinder Scout.
Breakfast at Stonecroft is quite an event. Guests dine in style, with fine foods, organic and locally sourced wherever possible, bone china and silver cutlery made locally by David Mellor. We only use premium quality ingredients and are proud that many of the ingredients we use have been awarded an Environmental Quality mark (EQM).
Julia Reid, your host at Stonecroft, is an award winning chef who won a scholarship to study Catering and Hotel Management in Holland. She is very proud to have been awarded a breakfast award from the Visit Britain and the AA. Stonecroft was also placed third in the Free From Eating Out Awards (Guesthouses) and gained Gluten Free Accreditation recently and offers vegetarian, vegan and special diet menus as well as our varied breakfast menu.
The Breakfast Menu is varied and special diets are happily catered for. Your host is both vegetarian, lactose intolerant and a diagnosed coeliac. We also provide packed lunches and Julia will occasionally serve dinner for those on Vegetarian, Vegan or special diets. Please enquire when booking as to availability of Evening Meals.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Back Tor||2||£105.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Brown Knoll||1||from £50.00 to £55.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Kinder Suite||2||from £99.00 to £100.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Bed & Breakfast
- 4 AA Stars Bed & Breakfast
- Visit England VisitEngland Gold Award 2016
- Visit England VisitEngland Breakfast Award 2016
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- The AA AA Breakfast Award 2016
- Yorkshire Awards FreeFrom Eating Out Award 2016
- Building of historical interest
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Cycles for hire
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Lounge for residents' use
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- DVD player
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
Room/Unit Facilities: Back Tor
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Brown Knoll
- Private facilities
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Kinder Suite
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good5
- clivecapriman07Swadlincote, United Kingdomwelcomed break in high peak districtSunday, 16th April 2017rang up to book this accomodation had very nice chat with the owner , we then had confirmation email quickly arrived at destination with excellent directions easily , we were met at the door with a... Read full review
- Nicole NMelbourne, AustraliaTrip Type:CouplesInviting, warm and welcoming, delicious foodThursday, 13th April 2017My husband stayed just for one night and wished we'd stayed longer. The host, Julia, is just lovely - so friendly and welcoming and the food she prepares is just fantastic. The ample breakfast was... Read full review
- Emma RTrip Type:CouplesWonderfulMonday, 3rd April 2017Stayed for 2 nights for a short break to see the peak district. A very comfortable stay with a wonderful host. Julia was very friendly and welcoming. Her breakfasts are also incredible with local... Read full review
Map & Directions
From the village of Hope which is situated on the A6187 between Hathersage and Castleton, turn immediately right by the Old Hall Hotel and opposite the Church. Continue on this lane for approximately 4½ miles until you reach a public car park on the right. Turn right after the car park and continue under a railway bridge, passing the Rambler Public House then the Church on the left.
Stonecroft is the third house on the left after the church.
There is a school sign at the bottom of the drive. The drive is in constant use as access is required to the fields behind so please do not park there but continue into the courtyard at the rear of the house.
When arriving by train, walk to the road and turn left passing the Rambler Public House on your left and continue as above. We are approximately 5 minutes walk from the station.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.