AboutSpringbank Guest House- AS FEATURED ON CHANNEL 4's FOUR IN A BED is a five bedroomed Guest House enjoying a central position in Whaley Bridge, conveniently close to public transport links.
The towns of Buxton, Macclesfield, Stockport, Manchester and Sheffield are
within easy reach, as are the beautiful Goyt Valley and the Peak District with fantastic walking, climbing or cycling for all abilities.
Lyme Park, the set for Pemberley in the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice, can be reached in ten minutes. Manchester Airport is forty five minutes away by country lanes whilst in the other direction lie Chatsworth and Haddon Hall.
The guest house retains many original features with a Victorian feel. The Victorian bath is extremely popular, as is the garden terrace. Without being cranky we are environmentally sound and proud of all our achievements.
Whaley Bridge has several pubs nearby where good food can be bought.
We have various take-away restaurants and guests are welcome to eat their chosen meal in the dining room, where plates, cutlery and glasses are available.
We pride ourselves on a warm and friendly atmosphere to ensure your stay is comfortable, enjoyable and refreshing.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double Ensuite||2||£75.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Double/family||3||from £65.00 to £85.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||The room has a wash basin. The bathroom and toilet are down a small landing|
|King/Family||3||from £85.00 to £105.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Room 1 King Size/Family en suite|
|Room 5 - Double||2||£65.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||The room has a wash basin and the bathroom and toilet are across a small landing|
|Twin Ensuite||2||£75.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Room 2|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Lounge for residents' use
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Evening meals
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- CD player
- DVD player
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- On street/public parking
Room/Unit Facilities: Double Ensuite
Room/Unit Facilities: Double/family
- Shared facilities
Room/Unit Facilities: King/Family
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Room 5 - Double
- Shared facilities
Room/Unit Facilities: Twin Ensuite
- Scenic view
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good10
- PorterRoyLeicester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely NightSaturday, 24th December 2016My wife and I stayed at Springbank recently and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in or around Whaley Bridge. Our room was clean, the breakfast was great as was Susan. It was the little... Read full review
- katrina515Whitehaven, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNight before cancer research 'Tough Ten'Wednesday, 9th November 2016Superb service, very friendly, homely while at the same time, luxury accommodation. Excellent breakfast, set me and my friend up for the run ahead. Some lovely friendly pubs in town, would thoroughly... Read full review
- r0y2dwDisley, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelExcellent value for money !Tuesday, 1st November 2016Stayed here for a week and experienced two rooms - the 'King Size' en-suite room at the front and the single with shared bathroom at the side. Both rooms were spotless, the beds were comfortable and... Read full review
Map & Directions
Nearest Railway Station - Whaley Bridge.
Manchester Piccadilly to Buxton (not 24 hours)
Buses 199 Skyline from Manchester Airport to Buxton
60/64 from Macclesfield
61 from Holmfirth and Glossop
Railway Station and bus stops only a minute's walk way.
Whaley Bridge is reached by the A6 and the A5004 from the Buxton/Manchester direction and by the B5470 from the Macclesfield direction. Springbank is on Reservoir Road, which is the road between the Railway Hotel and the Railway Station (Buxton line) and the Jodrell Arms. Immediately after passing under the railway bridge, bear left (do not follow the road up the hill), and Springbank is the second house on the right.
For buses alight at the Jodrell Arms.
Grid Reference SK 011814
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.