The Shoulder of Mutton is a village pub and kitchen with four delightful bedrooms, situated in the heart of the beautiful Peak District.
Boasting a Trip Advisor Hall of Fame entry for five consecutive years of "Certificate of Excellence" awards, it is little wonder that guests return time and again. Two of the bedrooms are "Dog friendly" as is the bar area and walkers and cyclists enjoy friendly banter with local customers after a day in the hills around Ladybower Reservoir or Mam Tor.
There is ample private parking and we are on the main bus routes to Buxton (Spa Town), Sheffield (for Meadowhall), Bakewell (for Chatsworth House or a tasty Bakewell Pudding), and Castleton, home of the beautiful Blue John Mine and Speedwell, Treak Cliffe and Peak Caverns.
With log fires, a good selection of cask ales, award winning John Hattersley wines and great home cooked food, this is a popular family venue, showing BT Sports and Sky Sports. It has a games room with pool and darts and quiz night with bingo is held every Sunday night.
A delightful sunny terrace for the warmer days, overlooks the local park where a children's play area is easily accessible.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double ensuite room||2||from £50.00 to £65.00 per room per night||Double room with a juliette balconie where guests can sit and have a glass of wine and enjoy the splendid views of Bradwell.|
|Double ensuite room||2||from £50.00 to £65.00 per room per night||Compact double room with a juliette balconie where guests can sit and have a glass of wine and enjoy the splendid views of Bradwell.|
|Flexible ensuite room||3||from £50.00 to £65.00 per room per night||Room can be twin beds or super-kingsize and could accommodate an extra put-you-up style bed. extra bed will restrict space in room. Under 14's stay free. £15 per night supplement for adult.|
|Flexible ensuite room||3||from £50.00 to £65.00 per room per night||Room can be twin beds or super-kingsize. Please specify on booking preferred configuration|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Trip Advisor Awards Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Trip Advisor Awards Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence - 2019 2019
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Continental breakfast only
- Evening meals
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Vegetarian diet available
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Regular entertainment
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Public house/Inn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good40
- 897keelyeTrip Type:CouplesLovely place to stay in the peak districtWednesday, 18th May 2022Stayed here with my partner for the May Day bank holiday Lovely room with a balcony overlooking the village very scenic and relaxing We had pie and chips at the pub downstairs, was excellent, lovely... Read full review
- CenkWhoStockport, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLynn, Nick and the team amazingFriday, 27th May 2022Cannot fault this place on every occasion and tonight was Italian night. Having been to Italy many times I can honestly say this was tasty, well presented food and as always a great safe crowd of... Read full review
- DebC1970Thornton Cleveleys, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFantastic pubSaturday, 25th June 2022Popped in for a drink on our first night staying in the village. Lovely pub in a lovely setting. When we had a disastrous experience at Ye Olde Bowling Green for dinner on our second night we tried... Read full review
Map & Directions
Situated just off the A625 main Sheffield to Castleton route, on the B6049 at the edge of the village opposite St Barnabus Church.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.