Riverside House Hotel is a 14-bedroom hotel, situated on the river Wye in the picturesque village of Ashford-in-the-water, Derbyshire. Now headed up by the team behind the Iconic Rafters Restaurant in Sheffield, Rafters at Riverside House has undergone a full refurbishment.
The bar is something new to the Riverside House, it is the heart of the hotel. All are welcome, you don’t have to be staying to enjoy a drink with us. There are two areas – our main bar where you can enjoy a drink, light bite or breakfast if you like and our “snug”, perfect to relax, get away from it all and settle into a good book.
Our private dining room is the perfect place for a get together seating between 8 - 12 guests. The room overlooks the river and gardens and is available Thursday - Sunday Lunch and Wednesday - Sunday Dinner.
Looking for that perfect Derbyshire retreat, then look no further. Riverside by Rafters is the perfect place for foodies to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Our rooms are all unique and offer something different.
RAFTERS ROOMS - This room features the "Rafters" which give our flagship Sheffield restaurant its name. This room is our largest room and features a stunning bathroom complete with twin sinks.
KINGFISHER ROOM - This stunning room has the best view of the River where you can sit with a morning coffee and try to spot the Kingfisher...
HOUSE ROOMS - These rooms are in the original part of the house and are all unique offering that special place to relax.
GARDEN ROOMS - These rooms overlook our beautiful gardens. Our ground floor rooms have their own patio where you can access the gardens directly, a special little addition to your stay.
- 2 AA Rosettes
- 5 AA Gold Stars Restaurant with Rooms
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- The AA AA Breakfast Award 2021
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2022 - Hotel - Gold Award 2022
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2022 - Team Of The Year - Bronze Award 2022
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2022 - Unsung Hero - Silver Award 2022
- Disabled facilities
- Independent wheelchair users
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Evening meals
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Vegetarian diet available
- Children welcome
- Central heating
- Private parking
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Building of historical interest
Map & Directions
A 5 minute car journey from Bakewell, Ashford in the Water is just off the A6.
Coming from Chesterfield it will take around 30 minutes to drive to Ashford in the Water driving past Chatsworth House on the A619 and then onto the A6020.
From Sheffield following the A621, onto Sheffield Road and then following the A619 past Chatsworth House and onto the A6020.