AboutPoppy Cottage is a self contained and completely private apartment with a separate access. Perfect for a romantic hideaway, families with children or meeting up with friends. It has a large lounge with sofas and an open log fire where a delicious breakfast is served to you each morning, one double bedroom plus another if necessary and a large traditional bathroom.
Perched high up near Stanton Moor, the pretty hillside village of Birchover is surrounded by glorious open countryside. You could spend the whole day out walking the Limestone Way, or you could just take a short walk to see the Bronze Age Nine Ladies Stone Circle, surrounded by stunning views.
Nearby is The Red Lion, CAMRA PUB OF THE YEAR, offering an excellent range of real ales and serving really good food. A little further downhill is the renowned Druid Inn, a Gastro-Pub with something to offer everyone, so there's no need to drive out of Birchover for fine dining.
Bakewell, Matlock, Wirksworth, Edensor, Cromford, Haddon Hall, Chatsworth House, Richard Arkwrights Mills are amongst the many beautiful places of historical interest that are within fifteen minutes drive from Birchover.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double - Suite||4||£45.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast||Room consists of double bedroom, large private lounge and also a large en-suite bathroom.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Bed & Breakfast
- Visit England VisitEngland Breakfast Award 2016
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Lounge for residents' use
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- Packed lunches provided
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- CD player
- DVD player
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- On street/public parking
Room/Unit Facilities: Double - Suite
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- Lauren TNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWonderfulTuesday, 9th August 2016Four nights of bliss, no net, no phone, Harry the dog , good pubs and a microbrewery just down the road. We couldn't have been better looked after by the lovely landlady. I can't actually describe... Read full review
- Wendywoo04Letchworth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPeace and tranquilitySaturday, 18th June 2016What an absolute gem in the Peaks. We arrived to a lovely friendly welcome in an immaculate bed and breakfast. A characterful cottage with all the amenities you could wish for. Alison was a great... Read full review
- NYNYNZWellington, New ZealandTrip Type:CouplesPeaceful settingFriday, 11th December 2015We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting the Peak District. It is not far to anywhere, so a very good location to base yourself whilst seeing the sights. The bed was comfortable. The sitting... Read full review
Map & Directions
4 Miles north of Matlock, travelling on the A6 towards Bakewell. Drive through Rowsley and turn left, sign posted Ashbourne B5057. Take next left hand turn , also signposted for Ashbourne. Continue until second left hand turn, turn for Birchover , climb up hill past Druids Inn as road bears left. Pass the Red Lion and village shop. Poppy Cottage is set back off the road on the left opposite Upper Town Lane.