AboutOrchard House Bed and Breakfast is in a quiet part of Bakewell in the Peak District National Park. We have three double bedrooms: the luxury Four-Poster Room (en-suite), the West Room (en-suite) and the East Room (with large private bathroom). The new Four-Poster Room was completed at Easter time in 2013, and the other two bedrooms were refurbished in 2012. We offer goose-down quilts. There is plenty of private off-road parking and secure storage for bikes.
The property was built on a piece of the Duke of Rutland's land in the Victorian era. It was elegantly designed, with high ceilings and spacious reception rooms. Guests breakfast in the large drawing room, which is also a TV lounge (there are TVs in the bedrooms also).
The gravelled parking area is large enough to take around seven cars, and the gates can be locked for security by arrangement.
The house is accessed by the main entrance on the ground floor (down a few steps from the parking area). Thereafter, guests are able to reach their rooms at first floor level, over a stone arch.
Orchard House is surrounded by mature fruit trees, as the name implies.
Orchard House is close to the centre of Bakewell with its cafes, shops, pubs, restaurants, banks and swimming pool. Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are within a short drive (or a long walk), and the caverns and rocky edges of the Peak District are easily accessible to the north. The start of the Monsal Trail- a disused rail track, ideal for easy walking and cycling-is only 500 metres away.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Four Poster Rm||2||from £100.00 to £115.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Garden Room||2||from £85.00 to £95.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||The East Room overlooks an area of mature fruit trees and lawn. There is a new double sleigh bed and goose down quilt. In one corner is a modern wash basin with illuminated mirror over. Tea making facilities and a new flat-screen TV/DVD are provided. This room has exclusive use of the large house bathroom with shower over the bath.|
|West Suite||2||from £85.00 to £95.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||The West Room overlooks the rear garden and beyond that, the fields across the valley. There is a new double bed and goose down quilt. Tea making facilities and a new flat-screen TV/DVD are provided. The en-suite bathroom has both a claw-foot bath and double shower enclosure.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Visit England VisitEngland Silver Award 2016
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- Trip Advisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Building of historical interest
- Staff fluent in French
- Lounge for residents' use
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Children welcome - Children welcome from age 14
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- DVD player
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Private parking
Room/Unit Facilities: Four Poster Rm
- Four poster bed
Room/Unit Facilities: Garden Room
- King-sized bed
- Private facilities
Room/Unit Facilities: West Suite
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- HoneycombersMevagissey, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFab One Night Stay!Sunday, 11th December 2016We stayed at Orchard House for one night, partly to break up our journey from North Yorkshire to Cornwall, but mainly to visit and explore Bakewell and get a glimpse of the surrounding area. We had... Read full review
- DaisyM1959United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA Gem!Friday, 18th November 2016From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by the hosts. Excellent accomodation, excellent location, 5 minutes walk inrto town over the bridge and the breakfast delicious. We would... Read full review
- Dave MCoulsdonTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat Bed and BreakfastTuesday, 30th August 2016We had a wonderful long weekend at Orchard House. It more than lived up to the high expectations that we had having read previous guest reviews. We slept in the Four Poster room which was extremely... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Chesterfield, take the A619 via Baslow to Bakewell. As you come to the edge of town and after the 30 signs, go some 500 metres downhill then, immediately after a small blue H(hospital) sign on a post on the left, turn left into Aldern Way. At the top, turn right and in 150 metres, the gate to orchard House is on your right.
Hotels & B&Bs Self Assessment
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.