AboutThis charming family run bed & breakfast accommodation offers a large en suite room and separate lounge, on the northern edge of historic Ashbourne, Derbyshire. Only 5 mins walk from the town centre, the property overlooks the Peak District National Park, less than a mile to the north, with many attractions for walkers, cyclists and more besides. The Tissington Trail starts under 1/2 mile away (cycle hire available), with the Manifold Trail close also. Dovedale 10 mins drive, Alton Towers 20 mins, Haddon Hall 30 mins, Chatsworth House 45mins away.
Excellent golf and fishing available locally.
Packed lunches available on request (24 hours notice required)
De-Luxe Continental breakfast provided (included in the price)
Late checkout possible depending upon availability.
Local restaurants recommended and booked in advance if required.
TV situated in seperate lounge area exclusively for guests use, along with fridge.
Secure storage available for bikes etc.
Drying area for outdoor clothes available
- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 24th Jan 2017
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 25th Jan 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Flexible ensuite room||3||£30.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast||The room has a king-sized double bed, however a temporary single bed can be added upon request.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation - Room Only
- Visit England VisitEngland Cyclists Welcome 2016
- Visit England VisitEngland Walkers Welcome 2016
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
Booking & Payment Details
- Euros accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Lounge for residents' use
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Children welcome - Children welcome from age 5
- Continental breakfast only
- Packed lunches provided
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- King-sized bed
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- HoneycombersMevagissey, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFab One Night Stay!Sunday, 11th December 2016We stayed at Orchard House for one night, partly to break up our journey from North Yorkshire to Cornwall, but mainly to visit and explore Bakewell and get a glimpse of the surrounding area. We had... Read full review
- DaisyM1959United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA Gem!Friday, 18th November 2016From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by the hosts. Excellent accomodation, excellent location, 5 minutes walk inrto town over the bridge and the breakfast delicious. We would... Read full review
- Dave MCoulsdonTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat Bed and BreakfastTuesday, 30th August 2016We had a wonderful long weekend at Orchard House. It more than lived up to the high expectations that we had having read previous guest reviews. We slept in the Four Poster room which was extremely... Read full review
Map & Directions
Situated 12 miles west of Derby on the A52, Ashbourne is served by buses from Derby, Uttoxeter, Buxton and elsewhere. From the Market Square, head north on A515 Buxton Road. At the top of the hill, at the Bowling Green Pub, turn left onto North Ave. Orchard Dales is the first house on the right, accessed via the drive beside the car park, keep bearing right up the drive.
Hotels & B&Bs Self Assessment
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.