AboutThe Old Hall Hotel is the perfect escape during the winter months and our popular Winter Warmer is back from only £109.00 per couple.
Due to the popularity of the other seasonal packages, the hotel has launched the Winter Warmer package, guests are advised to book early to avoid disappointment. The Winter Warmer is available on stays from the 1st December 2016 until the 28th February 2017 and is subject to availability on advanced bookings only.
The Winter Warmer package includes:
• A glass of mulled wine on arrival
• An overnight stay in one of our unique bedrooms
• Two-course dinner from an inclusive menu in the restaurant**
• An award winning breakfast
**Starter and main course. Extra courses are available at an additional charge.
The Winter Warmer is available to book on-line or call reception on 01298 22841.
The Old Hall is thought to be England’s oldest hotel and was once home to Mary Queen of Scots who famously stayed at the hall under house arrest back in 1500’s. Today the hotel is renowned for its warm hospitality, charming accommodation and for delicious, locally-sourced menu.
Steeped in history and built on the site of a natural warm spring, the Old Hall offers traditional charm, reflected throughout its 38 bedrooms which are all unique in design. Located a stone’s throw from the picturesque Pavilion Gardens which offer beautiful views of the changing seasons, the Old Hall is perfectly located for discovering hidden gems.
The elegant spa town offers something for everyone whatever the weather – see a show at the famous Buxton Opera House, relax at the nearby Devonshire Spa or shop until you drop in the town’s many boutiques. Hunt for vintage treasures in the town’s many thrift shops or simply enjoy a scrumptious afternoon tea at the Old Hall. Pick up a discounted entry ticket from the hotel and visit the historic Chatsworth House or enjoy one of the many winter walks that the Peak District has to offer.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 27th Mar 2017
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 28th Mar 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Room||2||from £39.50 to £80.00 per person per night|
|Classic DB/Twin||2||from £44.50 to £67.50 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Classic Dble||2||from £44.50 to £67.50 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Double en-suite||2||from £39.50 to £59.50 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Executive Db/tw||4||from £54.50 to £80.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Four Poster||2||from £54.50 to £80.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Single en-suite||1||from £65.00 to £70.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2016
- Visit England VisitEngland Walkers Welcome 2016
Booking & Payment Details
- American Express accepted
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Lounge for residents' use
- Night porter
- Telephone (public)
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Ironing facilities
- On street/public parking
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Conference facilities
- Disabled facilities
Room/Unit Facilities: Four Poster
- Four poster bed
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good376
- SusanBricksTrip Type:BusinessBrilliant Service.Thursday, 23rd March 2017Been here a few times and it's brilliant. The staff are always helpful if needed anything. Definitely worth going, bare in mind the prices are not cheap but worth every penny. Not far from shopping... Read full review
- Tim CBath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely StaySunday, 19th March 2017We booked for two nights for a long weekend of walking, shopping and relaxing. The Old Hall was a perfect quintessential English venue for the weekend. The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous... Read full review
- Ian HDerby, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNice hotel but spoils by shambolic breakfastWednesday, 15th March 2017We stayed one night as a stop over combined with an evening at the Opera House. The room was small but comfortable and all was fine until breakfast, which could have been a scene from Faulty Towers... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Ashbourne A515, go straight over Fiveways traffic lights and up over the market place. Go down the hill and turn left after the pedestrian crossings. Pass the Crescent and then take the first right. The Old Hall Hotel is on the right hand corner.
From Bakewell A6, turn left at Safeways roundabout and right at Fiveways traffic lights, then follow directions above. From A6 Manchester, turn right at the first roundabout under the viaduct. Then go straight over the next two roundabouts towards the station. Pass the station and go straight over the next roundabout and take the second left down Water Street before the A53. Pass the Opera House on your right and the hotel is on the left hand corner.
From A53, A54, A537, go straight over traffic lights on to St John's Rd. Branch right down Water Street just before the church. Turn right past the Opera House and the hotel is on your left.
Nearest station is Buxton. Turn right out of station and then follow directions from Manchester. Local bus transport from Manchester, Derby and Sheffield.