This fine Derbyshire-stone-built holiday home is in the heart of the Belper Conservation Area, (within the Derbyshire Mills World Heritage Site) Sleeping up to 20 guests with ease.
The Chapel, a Grade II listed building, dates from 1817, and is close to the town centre of Belper, a classic market town on the doorstep of the Derbyshire Peak District National Park, and convenient to visit all of Derbyshire’s attractions. Belper offers many handy shops, including some that are glad to deliver to you, a wealth of real ale and family-style pubs, live music and disco-bars, and an excellent range of restaurants. It’s a thriving market town, with many activities organised throughout the year, such as food fairs, well-dressings, beer festivals, poetry trails, open gardens and arts festivals.
The Old Chapel is one of those rare properties that can easily accommodate the really large party that are seeking a well-equipped, comfortable and good value holiday base for that family holiday or special gathering! There’s a huge 40ft galleried and beamed lounge (18ft ceiling), with a Sauna off; a wealth of bathrooms and some en-suite facilities. The 5 bath/shower rooms consist of: ground floor - bathroom with toilet, basin and separate electric shower, shower room with toilet and basin. en suite bathroom with bath, walk in shower, toilet and basin to one of the twin bedrooms. 1st floor - shower room with toilet and basin, gallery shared en-suite bathroom with toilet, basin and shower tap. The bedrooms are made up on the ground floor of two twins, one double and a bedroom with four single beds. On the upper level there is a family bedroom(double plus single), double, small double (4ft wide bed) and a room with four single beds. There is an extra ground floor sitting room; and the fully-fitted kitchen includes a double-width range oven.
The Chapel’s secluded private and enclosed lawned garden has a brick barbecue and two picnic tables with garden chairs for summer use.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Old Baptist Chapel||20||£1,245.00 per unit per week|
*Upon booking a third deposit of the rental is required with the balance due 8 weeks before the holiday. There is a Good House Keeping Deposit of £150 which is fully refundable if the booking conditions are met. Rental includes linen towels and gas heating. Electricity is by a £ meter
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Children welcome
- Children's outdoor play area - There is a small garden where children can play.
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires - Wood burning stove with an initial basket of logs supplied from November to Easter.
- Drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine
- Golf available (onsite or nearby) - there are several golf courses within a short drive.
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Sauna onsite
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking - There are some car parking spaces to the rear of the chapel, but the more convenient parking is at the Devonshire pub which is across the street from the chapel.
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Non-smoking property
- Smoking not allowed
- WiFi or internet access
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ground floor bedroom
- Satellite TV
- Building of historical interest
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Accepts groups
- Single sex groups welcomed - Hen and stag groups are accepted but the usual £150 Good House Keeping Deposit is £250 for these groups of guests.
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
The Belper Chapel is a short drive from the M1. It can by easily reached by train as from Derby station there is a train to Belper and then a very short walk to the chapel. East Midlands airport is the nearest and is about a 30 ton 40 minute drive away.