AboutMerman Barn offers high quality Bed and breakfast accomodation in the popular village of Tideswell in the beautiful Derbyshire Dales in the Peak District. Convenient for Bakewell, Buxton, Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Monsal Dale, Castleton and many other attractions. An ideal base for walkers and cyclists. We offer a warm welcome, good food, comfortable rooms with TV and wireless internet access, guest lounge with log fire, storage for bikes, off road parking and walled garden.
Please note-2 night minimum stay only
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double||2||£80.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||An attractive comfortable double room.|
|Superking||2||£90.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A large double room with a superking size bed. Views over the surrounding countryside. Please note-2 night minimum stay only|
|Twin/superking||2||£90.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Twin/superking, flexible room with views over the surrounding countryside Please note-2 night minimum stay only|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Bed & Breakfast
- Visit England VisitEngland Silver Award 2020
- Visit England VisitEngland Cyclists Welcome 2019
- Visit England VisitEngland Walkers Welcome 2019
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Vegetarian diet available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Lounge for residents' use
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
Room/Unit Facilities: Superking
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Twin/superking
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good8
- Kevin_AnnOrpington, EnglandTrip Type:CouplesA comfortable, safe visitThursday, 6th August 2020We had already decided that the first B&B we would stay in after lockdown was Merman Barn as it was always so clean. We weren't disappointed as the owner has done everything possible to make us feel... Read full review
- 12alan47Maldon, United KingdomFirst class B and BSunday, 23rd August 2020Once again we visited Merman Barn this time for a week,we were not disappointed,Linda had got all the preparation for covid covered. and we were looked after very well,with the excellent... Read full review
- paul rBirmingham, United Kingdom3 night stay during September 2020Sunday, 11th October 2020Excellent place to stay in the beautiful settings of Tideswell. Linda the host was very welcoming and the preparation of corona virus was better than any pub or restaurant you will find. The rooms... Read full review
Map & Directions
Following the A623 from Chesterfield towards Manchester, turn left after the Anchor crossroads at the Tideswell junction, then left again at the end of this lane.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.