AboutMerman Barn offers high quality Bed and breakfast accomodation in the popular village of Tideswell in the beautiful Derbyshire Dales in the Peak District. Convenient for Bakewell, Buxton, Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Monsal Dale, Castleton and many other attractions. An ideal base for walkers and cyclists. We offer a warm welcome, good food, comfortable rooms with TV and wireless internet access, guest lounge with log fire, storage for bikes, off road parking and walled garden.
Please note-2 night minimum stay only
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double||2||£80.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||An attractive comfortable double room.|
|Superking||2||£90.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A large double room with a superking size bed. Views over the surrounding countryside. Please note-2 night minimum stay only|
|Twin/superking||2||£90.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Twin/superking, flexible room with views over the surrounding countryside Please note-2 night minimum stay only|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Bed & Breakfast
- Visit England VisitEngland Silver Award 2020
- Visit England VisitEngland Cyclists Welcome 2019
- Visit England VisitEngland Walkers Welcome 2019
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Vegetarian diet available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Lounge for residents' use
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
Room/Unit Facilities: Superking
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Twin/superking
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- Odyssey445315Thoroughly recommended!Sunday, 22nd August 2021A lovely, traditional bed and breakfast in a perfect spot for exploring the Peak District. My friend and I spent a very comfortable 3 nights in the twin room, everything was spotless and... Read full review
- Pam DBebington, United KingdomFantastic place to stayMonday, 23rd August 2021Recently spent three nights at the Merman B&B, can’t fault it. Linda is welcoming, helpful and makes excellent cake that is left in your room for you every day. The rooms are spotlessly clean... Read full review
- CyeRobTrip Type:CouplesMerman Barn, TideswellSunday, 29th August 2021This was our third visit to Merman Barn and as always we were greeted by our host Linda on arrival. The room was extremely comfortable with a whopping super kingsize bed, en-suite shower room and a... Read full review
Map & Directions
Following the A623 from Chesterfield towards Manchester, turn left after the Anchor crossroads at the Tideswell junction, then left again at the end of this lane.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.