AboutMerman Barn offers high quality Bed and breakfast accomodation in the popular village of Tideswell in the beautiful Derbyshire Dales in the Peak District. Convenient for Bakewell, Buxton, Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Monsal Dale, Castleton and many other attractions. An ideal base for walkers and cyclists. We offer a warm welcome, good food, comfortable rooms with TV and wireless internet access, guest lounge with log fire, storage for bikes, off road parking and walled garden.
Please note-2 night minimum stay only
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double||2||£85.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||An attractive comfortable double room.|
|Superking||2||£100.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A large double room with a superking size bed. Views over the surrounding countryside. Please note-2 night minimum stay only|
|Twin/superking||2||£100.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Twin/superking, flexible room with views over the surrounding countryside Please note-2 night minimum stay only|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Bed & Breakfast
- Visit England VisitEngland Silver Award 2020
- Visit England VisitEngland Cyclists Welcome 2019
- Visit England VisitEngland Walkers Welcome 2019
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Vegetarian diet available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Lounge for residents' use
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
Room/Unit Facilities: Superking
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Twin/superking
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good10
- A2921ULsharoncTrip Type:FamilyMissSunday, 11th September 2022Lovely peaceful B&B , very clean. Breakfast could be much improved though. The B&B is upwards from Tideswell village, the hill only suitable for the fittest, otherwise transport will be required. Met... Read full review
- alisonbV9355BOTrip Type:Friends getawayA much needed break!Monday, 3rd October 2022We have had a really comfortable stay in the lovely village of Tideswell. The room was immaculately clean and contained everything we needed, including fresh milk for our tea. Loved the personal... Read full review
- 12alan47Maldon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAlways PerfectFriday, 21st October 2022Another enjoyable stay at Merman Barn, always made to feel welcome by Linda & Andrew. Perfect for visiting all popular locations in the Peak District. Everywhere is spotless & there is a wide choice... Read full review
Map & Directions
Following the A623 from Chesterfield towards Manchester, turn left after the Anchor crossroads at the Tideswell junction, then left again at the end of this lane.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.