Sandybrook Country Park is close to the picturesque market town of Ashbourne on the southern fringe of the Peak District. The luxury self-catering lodges are located in the former grounds of a 19th century manor house with a historic pinetum and bluebell wood which provide a peaceful setting from which to enjoy a relaxing holiday. Alternatively you can take part in a range of sporting activities onsite, relax in the swimming pool, visit nearby Alton Towers or explore the neighbouring walks and cycling trails.
Award winning Sandybrook Country Park is set in the former grounds of a 19th century manor house close to the picturesque market town of Ashbourne. The park’s lodges are situated on a gentle hillside and the location provides a relaxing atmosphere. The park includes a historic pinetum and small woodland walk which meanders through a bluebell wood. With just 52 lodges, Sandybrook is a small and peaceful holiday park where you can fully relax and enjoy your holiday.
Sandybrook is an ideal location for exploring the southern Peak District or visiting Alton Towers. You will find country walks, quaint villages and an array of local attractions and activities on your doorstep. Dovedale, a popular beauty spot is also nearby with its much-loved stepping stones across the River Dove and spectacular views from the top of Thorpe Cloud. Whether you want to put on your walking boots and explore the great outdoors, visit magnificent stately homes or simply relax in the peace and tranquillity of your natural surroundings, Sandybrook is the perfect place to enjoy a short break.
The indoor heated swimming pool, spa pool and sauna is the perfect place to relax or enjoy a refreshing swim. You can relax outside the pool on the secluded decking or make the most of your break by hiring a lodge with a private hot tub. Complimentary use of the indoor swimming pool is included in your holiday. In addition to our onsite swimming pool, mini golf and indoor and outdoor play areas you can also enjoy a range of sporting activities. Go Active provides a range of fun activities that the whole family will enjoy. Activities are delivered by our qualified instructors who will ensure you not only learn a great new skill but also have a fantastic time. Go Active is available all year round, with a range of additional fun activities organised during the school holidays.
Within the grounds, the historic Coach House bar and restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a meal with friends and family. It also offers a takeaway service so you can dine in your own lodge, maybe alfresco. After a day exploring the stunning landscapes, why not enjoy a drink on the cobbled patio and admire the buildings charming characteristics?
With fantastic facilities, we have created the perfect setting for you and your family to enjoy an amazing holiday where you can choose to do as much or as little as you please. Sandybrook is the perfect place to enjoy a multi-generational family holiday. The park is located in the Heart of England and our comfortable lodges can sleep up to 8 people. For a family celebration you could book several lodges at our wonderful park and enjoy a meal at the Coach House.
Prices depend on lodge type, lodge size and time of year. There are 54 lodges. Lodge types include Classic, Classic Vogue, Elite and Elite Vogue. Some lodges include a hot tub and some lodges are pet friendly.
- 5 Visit England Stars Holiday Park
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Trip Advisor Awards Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Visit England Visit England - Gold Award 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Disabled facilities - We have an accessible lodge. Please ask reception for details.
Booking & Payment Details
- Travel agent bookings
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Barbecue - Available for a £10 refundable deposit
- Evening meals
- Foodshop/mobile foodshop
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Children's indoor play area
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cots available - Please arrange at time of booking. A small charge applies.
- High chairs available - Please arrange at time of booking. A small charge applies.
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Washing machine
- Games room onsite
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Sauna onsite
- Shooting - Close by at Doveridge
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Swimming pool - indoor onsite
- Tennis onsite
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Telephone (public)
- WiFi or internet access
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ground floor bedroom
- Hot Tub - In Spa lodges
- King-sized bed - In some lodges
- Satellite TV
- Scenic view
- Spa bath - In some lodges. Please check.
- Public house/Inn
- Single sex groups welcomed
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good105
- EAD14Milton Keynes, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLoved our staySaturday, 14th August 2021Loved our stay, we were in lodge 30, it was very clean and well equipped. Perfect base for exploring the Peak District and just a 10 minute drive to the Dovedale stepping stones. Enjoyed the... Read full review
- Traveler345oxTrip Type:FamilyPerfect stayMonday, 30th August 2021We stayed as a family of 4 and can't wait to return. Friendly staff, lovely peaceful location and perfect lodge. Children enjoyed the pool, sweet woodland walk and play area. Lodge was great, nice... Read full review
- Connector30946702597Trip Type:CouplesGreat accommodation. Highly recommendedMonday, 13th September 2021We stayed for a week in a 2 bedroom lodge, which was spacious, clean and had all the items you require for a self-catering holiday. . It was a pet friendly lodge and I liked how the terrace was... Read full review
Map & Directions
From M1 South: Leave M1 at junction 24 taking the A50 towards Uttoxeter/Stoke. Continue along A50 for 20 miles, then take A515 north towards Ashbourne. Follow the one-way system around Ashbourne in the direction of the A515 towards Buxton. Sandybrook Country Park is one mile out of town on the right hand side, just past the turn on the left towards Thorpe and Dovedale.
From M1 North: Leave M1 at junction 28, taking A38 towards Derby. Branch off onto A610 (signposted Matlock) and take this road to Ambergate. At junction with A6 turn left (signposted Derby). In Belper take A517 (signposted Ashbourne). In Ashbourne follow signs for A515 towards Buxton. Sandybrook Country Park is one mile out of town on the right hand side, just past the turn on the left towards Thorpe and Dovedale.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest Railway Station: Derby
Nearest Bus Staion: Ashbourne
Self Catering Self Assessment
Parking for Multiple unit properties:
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.