Award winning Darwin Forest is situated between Matlock and Bakewell combines luxury self-catering holiday accommodation with fantastic onsite facilities including a swimming pool, gym and spa. The woodland setting creates a peaceful location from which to fully relax and get closer to nature. It is the perfect place to stay for visiting scenic countryside, stately homes including Chatsworth House, picturesque villages and a wide range of local attractions.
Visit England rated Landal Darwin Forest as a 5 Star Holiday Park and awarded the coveted Gold and Rose Award for excelling in hospitality and service. The Park was also a national finalist in the prestigious Visit England Awards for Excellence.
Our luxury lodges are nestled within a 47 acre woodland paradise and are furnished to the highest standards. The tranquil location and comfortable lodges provide the perfect setting for you and your family to relax and enjoy valuable time together.
Landal Darwin Forest is the perfect destination to enjoy a family holiday. Our fantastic onsite facilities include Evolution Health & Fitness, which has a swimming pool, spa and gym, with complimentary use of the indoor swimming pool included in your holiday. There is also a beauty therapy and massage suite offering a full range of relaxing treatments for you to indulge and pamper yourself.
For the younger members of your family, Little Monkeys indoor play centre will provide hours of fun and entertainment. The Activity Den is perfect for older children with pool tables and a games room to keep them entertained. It also includes a complimentary soft play area for under 5’s and is adjacent to the outdoor playground.
We also offer a range of fun activities onsite that are suitable for children and adults. Let our qualified instructors train you in the art of archery or the skills of fencing. The more adventurous could experience the thrills of bodyzorbing, waterwalkerz or snorkelling!
For all the family to enjoy, we have a tennis court, mini golf and an abundance of footpaths and cycling trails. Our Trim Trak obstacle course is also very popular with families as is the orienteering course and woodland walk.
Landal Darwin Forest has 137 luxury lodges set in stunning woodland. Lodge types include: Classic Vogue, Classic Skyline, Elite Vogue, The Meadow, The Coppice, The Spinney and The Glade. Some lodges include a hot tub and some lodges are also pet friendly. Breaks are available for 3 nights Friday to Monday, 4 nights Monday to Friday or 7 nights from Monday, Friday or Saturday.
- 5 Visit England Stars Holiday Park
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Other Accommodation Awards David Bellamy Conservation Award Gold 2020
- Trip Advisor Awards Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2020 - Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park Gold Award 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2022 - Ethical Responsible & Sustainable - Silver Award 2022
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2022 - Team Of The Year - Silver Award 2022
- Disabled facilities - We have 2 accessible lodges
Booking & Payment Details
- Travel agent bookings
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Barbecue - For a £10 refundable deposit
- Breakfast available - From 10am
- Evening meals
- Foodshop/mobile foodshop
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Children's indoor play area
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cots available - For a small fee at time of booking
- High chairs available - For a small fee at time of booking
- Microwave cooker
- Clear signage
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hygiene screens in place
- Online booking possible
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Washing machine
- Cycles for hire
- Free WIFI
- Games room onsite
- Golf available (onsite or nearby) - Mini Golf onsite. 18 holes Available Locally
- Gym on site
- Health/beauty facilities onsite
- Kit cleaning area
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Pony trekking/horse-riding - Available Locally
- Sauna onsite
- Shooting - Available Locally
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Spa Facilities
- Swimming pool - indoor onsite
- Tennis onsite
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Conference facilities - Please call reception on 01629 732428
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Telephone (public)
- WiFi or internet access
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ground floor bedroom
- Hot Tub - In Spa lodges
- King-sized bed - In some lodges. Please check
- Satellite TV
- Scenic view
- Spa bath - In some lodges. Please check
- Public house/Inn
- Single sex groups welcomed
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good276
- alexchapman1Leicester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVisited over 30 timesSunday, 19th June 2022The Park as always was spotless, lodge as always was spotless and we had a great stay…the shower in the bathroom does need an upgrade as was very weak. Foresters Bar & Restaurant - we booked a table... Read full review
- Louise LSouthport, United KingdomTrip Type:Family5 star haven.Tuesday, 28th June 2022Just got back from a most peaceful holiday here it was so relaxing. We stayed on site the whole week as you didn't need to leave as everything was at your fingertips . Swimming walking dinning... Read full review
- ELParisGreat weekend breakTuesday, 28th June 2022Spent a quiet and relaxing weekend with my pooch and my mum. Lovely warm welcome to the lodges, onsite facilities didn't disappoint. the only negative I have is Sunday menu at the restaurant is very... Read full review
Map & Directions
From the North: Leave the M1 at junction 29. Take the A617 to Chesterfield and then follow signs for the A632 towards Matlock. After 5 miles turn right onto the B5057 towards Darley Dale (Darwin Forest is signposted here). Continue for 2 miles. Darwin Forest is located on the right-hand side just after the sign for the Derbyshire Dales
From the South: Leave the M1 at junction 28. Take the A38 to Alfreton and then follow the A615 towards Matlock. Approximately 2 miles past the village of Wessington you will need to turn right onto Lickpenny Lane. Continue over the crossroads onto Holestone Gate Road, before joining Slack Hill (A632) and turning right onto Wirestone Lane (Darwin Forest is signposted here). At the next major crossroads turn left onto the B5057. Darwin Forest is located on the right-hand side just after the sign for the Derbyshire Dales.
From Matlock: Take the A6 north towards Darley Dale and then turn right onto the B5057 (Darwin Forest is signposted here). Drive through Two Dales village and up through two very sharp bends. Continue for a further 4 miles until you reach the top of the moor. Darwin Forest is located on the left hand side just after the first minor crossroads.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway stations: Matlock and Chesterfield. There is no bus routes to the park.
Self Catering Self Assessment
Parking for Multiple unit properties:
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.