AboutAn imposing Victorian guest house overlooking the Pavilion Gardens, Opera House and hills beyond. Recently fully refurbished throughout. Guest lounge with many fine antiques. A non-smoking establishment.
A stair lift to the first floor is available as is concessionary parking next to the Guest House.
A stay in Buxton puts you in the heart of the Peak District with access to some of the finest historic houses, picturesque villages and walking in the Dales and Pennines.
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 29th Mar 2017
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 30th Mar 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Room 1 (E/S)||2||£37.50 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Room 2 (E/B)||2||£45.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Room 3 (E/B)||2||£45.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Room 4 (E/S)||1||£52.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Room 5 (E/S)||2||£37.50 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Room 6 (E/B)||3||£45.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Room 8 (E/B)||2||£45.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
|Room 9 (E/S)||2||£35.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Trip Advisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame 2016
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- High chairs available
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Private parking
Room/Unit Facilities: Room 2 (E/B)
Room/Unit Facilities: Room 3 (E/B)
Room/Unit Facilities: Room 5 (E/S)
Room/Unit Facilities: Room 6 (E/B)
Room/Unit Facilities: Room 8 (E/B)
Room/Unit Facilities: Room 9 (E/S)
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good31
- HalinkaWMarkfield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWonderful Welcoming GuesthouseThursday, 9th March 2017We arrived early around 11 am and just knocked on to park up but were informed that our room was ready. The room itself looked towards the Opera House and over the Park. It was very spacious and... Read full review
- Clive EReepham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesJust as good as last time.Monday, 27th February 2017We spent a few days at Grosvenor House 4 years ago and as it had been so good we returned and we were not disappointed. The new proprietors Alison and Kevin has retained and enhanced the experience... Read full review
- lotusmanLeicesterleicesterTrip Type:Friends getawayGood place to staySunday, 26th February 2017Booked a one night stay with friends Kevin very friendly and helpful including places to visit and eat Comfortable stay Excellent breakfast including mother in law marmalade Great position and good... Read full review
Map & Directions
Five minute walk from Buxton Railway Station.
Five minute walk from the bus stop at Market Square.
In the centre of the town, we are the first property on Broad Walk. Situated at the corner of Hartington Road and The Square, overlooking the Pavilion Gardens and close to the Opera House.
Public transport provides services to/from Manchester and the Airport, Stockport, Macclesfield, Derby, Chesterfield and inter-city services.