Grendon is a stunning Edwardian property, built between 1911 and 1914, situated on a quiet road within walking distance of Buxton town centre. Having recently undergone a full refurbishment, we now offer luxury Bed & Breakfast for those looking for high class accommodation with a homely, personal touch.
Grendon Bed & Breakfast has four impressive rooms which are all situated on the first floor. All the rooms have been individually designed and lovingly renovated to a high standard with new ensuite bathrooms. Each bathroom has a walk-in shower and two of the rooms have the addition of a double-ended roll top bath.
We have a selection of books and leaflets about Buxton and the Peak District that you are welcome to peruse while relaxing in the guest lounge/dining area. There is an abundance of information here to plan your day or just to research the local area. Breakfast is also served here between 8am and 9.30am. Using locally sourced produce, you can choose from a freshly cooked full English or anything off the menu and specials board.
In the heart of the Peak District there is much to do and see for visitors to Buxton today. A short walk into town will see the Pavilion Gardens overlooked by the Pavilion itself, now restored to its original Victorian grandeur which also houses Buxton’s cinema. Following on from this is the Opera House, designed by Frank Matcham in 1903, home to the Buxton International Festival. In the late 18th century the 5th Duke of Devonshire saw the potential and built the Crescent based on Bath’s Royal Crescent and the Great Stables nearby. There is also the Devonshire Dome and Spa to revitalise weary bodies and get pampered and you can always try Buxton’s natural spring water at St Anns Well for free.
Further afield the area offers a vast range of outdoor activities. There are countless walks throughout the Peak District National Park and access to the Goyt Valley is just minutes from Grendon. If it’s cycling you’re after then there are plenty of opportunities for both cycling and mountain biking. For golfers, the town boasts two courses, The Cavendish Golf Course, designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie and the Buxton and High Peak Golf Club. There is also a driving range on the outskirts of town.
Perfectly located as a base for exploring Derbyshire and the Peak District, there are Stately Homes to visit like Chatsworth House (including the RHS Flower Show held in June) or Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall. Picturesque towns and villages like Bakewell and Castleton are also great for day trips.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Derwent||2||£110.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A bright South facing room with a large picture window overlooking the splendid garden at the front of the house. This ensuite room can be configured as either a superking or a twin.|
|Errwood||2||£120.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A room with wonderful views of Burbage Edge. This room has a stunning ensuite bathroom with both a walk-in shower and a roll top bath. The room can be configured as a superking or a twin.|
|Fernilee||2||£100.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A multi vista room overlooking Cavendish Golf course with views of Burbage Edge and Brown Edge. The room has a spacious bathroom with a walk-in shower. This is our only permanent twin room.|
|Ladybower||2||£130.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A grand South facing dual aspect room with a large ensuite bathroom housing a walk-in shower and roll top bath. The room can be configured as a superking, twin or triple using the room’s sofabed.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2020 - Bed & Breakfast and Guest House Silver Award 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Trip Advisor Awards 2020 Travellers' Choice - TripAdvisor - Best of the Best 2020
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2022 - Bed & Breakfast & Guest House - Gold Award 2022
Booking & Payment Details
- American Express accepted
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Cooked Breakfast
- Packed lunches provided - Packed lunches can be provided at a cost with 24 hours notice.
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- 24-hour minimum vacancy between guests
- 2m distancing in place
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Central heating
- Free WIFI
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Secure cycle storage
- Private parking
- Lounge for residents' use
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Bath - Ladybower and Errwood both have roll top baths.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice Best of Best
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good0
- MLOIULondon, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelGreat Hospitality during my 3 night staySunday, 5th June 2022Everything was tip top during my stay at Grendon B&B. I came hoping to walk but wasn't sure where so they printed an excellent walk off for me. Breakfast was high quality. The bed was great. Plenty... Read full review
- 2BimblersNorth Yorkshire, United KingdomA Little GemFriday, 17th June 2022Wow……Andie and Neil gave us a great welcome with tea and home made cake on arrival. It was lovely sitting and chatting to them prior to being taken to our room ‘Ladybower’ which did not disappoint in... Read full review
- 637bernicTrip Type:CouplesFantastic stay at Grendon!!Saturday, 25th June 2022We had the most amazing stay at Grendon Bed & Breakfast! Andie & Neil we’re the most fantastic hosts! Right from the moment we arrived they could not of been more welcoming and made our stay just... Read full review
Map & Directions
If you're arriving by car and using a Satnav (postcode SK17 6UN) and you are directed via Nursery Lane, some devices will tell you to turn left at the junction with Bishops Lane. Do not follow this guidance but turn RIGHT instead! We have plenty of space to park to the left of the house as you look at it.