Grendon is a stunning Edwardian property, built between 1911 and 1914, situated on a quiet road within walking distance of Buxton town centre. Having recently undergone a full refurbishment, we now offer luxury Bed & Breakfast for those looking for high class accommodation with a homely, personal touch.
Grendon Bed & Breakfast has four impressive rooms which are all situated on the first floor. All the rooms have been individually designed and lovingly renovated to a high standard with new ensuite bathrooms. Each bathroom has a walk-in shower and two of the rooms have the addition of a double-ended roll top bath.
We have a selection of books and leaflets about Buxton and the Peak District that you are welcome to peruse while relaxing in the guest lounge/dining area. There is an abundance of information here to plan your day or just to research the local area. Breakfast is also served here between 8am and 9.30am. Using locally sourced produce, you can choose from a freshly cooked full English or anything off the menu and specials board.
In the heart of the Peak District there is much to do and see for visitors to Buxton today. A short walk into town will see the Pavilion Gardens overlooked by the Pavilion itself, now restored to its original Victorian grandeur which also houses Buxton’s cinema. Following on from this is the Opera House, designed by Frank Matcham in 1903, home to the Buxton International Festival. In the late 18th century the 5th Duke of Devonshire saw the potential and built the Crescent based on Bath’s Royal Crescent and the Great Stables nearby. There is also the Devonshire Dome and Spa to revitalise weary bodies and get pampered and you can always try Buxton’s natural spring water at St Anns Well for free.
Further afield the area offers a vast range of outdoor activities. There are countless walks throughout the Peak District National Park and access to the Goyt Valley is just minutes from Grendon. If it’s cycling you’re after then there are plenty of opportunities for both cycling and mountain biking. For golfers, the town boasts two courses, The Cavendish Golf Course, designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie and the Buxton and High Peak Golf Club. There is also a driving range on the outskirts of town.
Perfectly located as a base for exploring Derbyshire and the Peak District, there are Stately Homes to visit like Chatsworth House (including the RHS Flower Show held in June) or Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall. Picturesque towns and villages like Bakewell and Castleton are also great for day trips.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Derwent||2||£100.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A bright South facing room with a large picture window overlooking the splendid garden at the front of the house. This ensuite room can be configured as either a superking or a twin.|
|Errwood||2||£110.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A room with wonderful views of Burbage Edge. This room has a stunning ensuite bathroom with both a walk-in shower and a roll top bath. The room can be configured as a superking or a twin.|
|Fernilee||2||£90.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A multi vista room overlooking Cavendish Golf course with views of Burbage Edge and Brown Edge. The room has a spacious bathroom with a walk-in shower. This is our only permanent twin room.|
|Ladybower||2||£120.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A grand South facing dual aspect room with a large ensuite bathroom housing a walk-in shower and roll top bath. The room can be configured as a superking, twin or triple using the room’s sofabed.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2020 - Bed & Breakfast and Guest House Silver Award 2020
Booking & Payment Details
- American Express accepted
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Cooked Breakfast
- Packed lunches provided - Packed lunches can be provided at a cost with 24 hours notice.
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- 24-hour minimum vacancy between guests
- 2m distancing in place
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Central heating
- Free WIFI
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Secure cycle storage
- Private parking
- Lounge for residents' use
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Bath - Ladybower and Errwood both have roll top baths.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Travelers Choice Best of Best
- Very Good0
- anny559Trip Type:CouplesOutstanding B&BSunday, 25th October 2020On arrival at this stunning B&B in Buxton we were warmly greeted by our lovely hosts Andie & Neil who sat down & had a very friendly chat with us advising us of the best places to visit & eat in the... Read full review
- CheshireCharlottecheshireBrilliant B & B!Tuesday, 27th October 2020Brilliant stay at this exceptionally good B & B. Given the stream of accolades and superlatives already flowing on this site, I don't know if I can add anything of interest that's not already... Read full review
- thewatt94Fantastic local B&BWednesday, 4th November 2020A fantastic bed and breakfast, easy walking distance to town but far enough out to be quiet with great walks from the doorstep. We were the only ones staying given the COVID restrictions and time of... Read full review
Map & Directions
If you're arriving by car and using a Satnav (postcode SK17 6UN) and you are directed via Nursery Lane, some devices will tell you to turn left at the junction with Bishops Lane. Do not follow this guidance but turn RIGHT instead! We have plenty of space to park to the left of the house as you look at it.