AboutNestled in a tranquil rural valley in the SW Peak District, Greenhouse Farm Cottage is the perfect cosy romantic retreat for couples in need of rest and relaxation. Unwind in peace and privacy, whilst enjoying the welcoming luxurious comfort of the cottage.
This former cart shed to the farm, dating back to the 18th century retains it’s original character with feature exposed stone walls, flagged floors and beamed ceilings; whilst embracing modern comforts such as remote control lighting, under floor heating and Internet access.
You will delight in the beauty of the surrounding countryside and there are wonderful walks from the doorstep. Appreciate the wildlife of the heather moors and the close proximity of the dramatic gritstone scenery of the Roaches.
Locally The Lazy Trout village pub is 1.5 miles away, serving good food and is a very pleasant stroll. Tittesworth Reservoir is just past the pub and has woodland walks, water activities and a nice visitor centre. Leek is only a short 15 minute drive, Buxton 20 minutes and Alton Towers an easy 30 min car journey away.
The Peak District and its many attractions are all within an easy drive, as is Manchester, Stoke and the Potteries.
Local carp fishing - Short drive to Turners Pool. Walks from the doorstep. Climbing at The Roaches 5 minutes drive. Leisure Centre/swimming pool and two golf courses in Leek, approx. 4 miles. Stables available for own horses.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Cottage||2||from £450.00 to £700.00 per unit per week||One bedroom can be made up as super king double or two single twin beds.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Washing machine
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- CD player
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- Working farm
Property Facilities: Cottage
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- janb111-2015Chester, United KingdomGreat cottage - excellent locationWednesday, 18th September 2019Comfortable cottage renovated to a high standard (loved the exposed stone and the wood). Spotlessly clean. We stayed a couple of nights and were made to feel very welcome. The location is ideal for... Read full review
- ladylianne75Colchester, United KingdomJust perfectSunday, 5th January 2020What a beautiful converted cottage. So cosy & warm. A great location, with stunning views of The Roaches. The cottage has everything you need, comfortable big bed, lovely quaint bathroom, underfloor... Read full review
- Chris RLoved this place!Saturday, 11th September 2021A beautiful comfortable cottage in an amazing rural location. Perfect for walks with stunning views. The cottage had everything we needed and the kitchen was well equipped with a very good oven. We... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Leek - Take A53 towards Buxton for approx. 2 miles to Blackshaw Moor. Turn left at The Three Horseshoes country pub and follow the road past Tittesworth Water at Meerbrook. Turn right at The Lazy Trout Public House. Travel 1.5 miles along this road. You will come to a sharp right hand bend with white railings on left. Farm is down the track to the left.
Public transport: Leek bus station. Macclesfield or Buxton Train Station
Parking for Multiple unit properties:
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.