A friendly warm welcome awaits you at Fernydale. We offer quality Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast (B&B) accommodation in Earl Sterndale, near Buxton, in the heart of the Derbyshire Peak District. “Peaceful and away from it all” is the theme at Fernydale Farm, nestling under Jericho Hill in the small village of Earl Sterndale. This is a working farm – we breed and sell Holstein cattle, which we exhibit regularly in shows.
Fernydale nestles in the Peak, with spectacular views of nearby Chrome Hill, Parkhouse Hill and Round Hill. Within easy access to Buxton, Bakewell, Ashbourne and numerous attractions and walks. Start your day with full English breakfast or choose healthy options. Conservatory and garden to relax in.
Earl Sterndale is well placed for visiting Chatsworth House which hosts RHS Chatsworth each June, Haddon Hall, Dovedale and all the major sights of the Peak District National Park
This is a magnificent area for walking or cycling, with a range of excellent walks right from the door.
Not far away are the Tissington and High Peak Trails, former railway lines which have been converted into cycling and walking trails. These can be easily reached on foot or by bike from Fernydale Farm.
Opposite Fernydale Farm are two hills, Chrome and Parkhouse, which are part of a stunning trail. The trail runs through Dowel Dale and between Glutton and Glutton Grange.
There are many places along the trails around Fernydale Farm where you can hire bicycles for the day.
We can provide pack lunches upon request for guests to take with them.
Our rooms have space for guests to store muddy boots and we also offer a secure storage space for bicycles.
Guests may leave their car at Fernydale Farm and walk or cycle on to their next destination.
Fernydale Farm will deliver their luggage to this destination if required.
“Escape the rat race. Unwind and be spoilt”.
Travel Cot available
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Double en-suite||2||from £40.00 to £44.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast||Room for travel Cot|
|Family en-suite||3||from £40.00 to £44.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast||Children under 2 free of charge. Children 2 to 6 years £12 per night Children 6 to 12 years £15 per night. 12 years to 15 £20 per night. 15 years and over full price|
|Twin En-suite||2||from £40.00 to £44.00 per person per night for bed & breakfast||Space for travel cot|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Visit England VisitEngland Silver Award 2020
- Visit England VisitEngland Families Welcome 2019
- Visit England VisitEngland Cyclists Welcome 2019
- Visit England VisitEngland Walkers Welcome 2019
- Visit England VisitEngland Pets Welcome 2020
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Evening meals
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Lounge for residents' use
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Totally non-smoking
- CD player
- DVD player
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Working farm
Room/Unit Facilities: Double en-suite
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Family en-suite
Room/Unit Facilities: Twin En-suite
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- ChilledJoTrip Type:CouplesSimply WonderfulSunday, 23rd August 2020This B&B is simply wonderful!! I would recommend it again and again. Yasmin couldn’t do enough for us, she was so welcoming and was really happy to share lots of information about the local area... Read full review
- GaryShipleyTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful working farm and a very warm welcomeSunday, 6th September 2020We enjoyed a weekend with our dog. Made to feel very welcome and enjoyed an outstanding weekend.Fantastic breakfast, stunning location for walking and access to Buxton,Bakewell...would highly... Read full review
- jameshJ1873SQGreat Glen, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPerfect B&BTuesday, 22nd September 2020Fantastic 2 night stay at Fernydale Farm. Yasmin was a brilliant host, nothing was too much bother, with cake and ample supplies of tea! Room was lovely and clean and number 4 has a beautiful view of... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Buxton: take the A515 (Buxton to Ashbourne road) out of Buxton towards Ashbourne for approx 3 miles until you come to a large bookstore/trading post on your right. Turn right for Longnor on the B5053. Follow road under bridge, past a quarry and over the hill. As you drop down the hill you will see the village of Earl Sterndale in the bottom. Ignore 1st turn left and carry on until you reach crossroads. Turn left for Earl Sterndale and follow this road for 200yds and turn left into Farm Drive. There is a sign by the gate.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.