The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley is a traditional C18th village inn, also on the Chatsworth estate and within walking distance of the popular Estate Farm Shop and the House and Garden itself.
With only thirteen bedrooms it is cosy and intimate, with stylish and comfortable bedrooms located at the inn itself, and six gorgeous four-poster bedrooms in the Farmhouse next door – these rooms really are special and suited to romantic stays and special occasions.
The inn itself serves hearty traditional pub fayre once again with local and seasonal fresh produce taking centre stage. Both inns have a bartering system in place allowing locals to exchange home grown fruit and vegetables for a pint or two of local ale at the bar!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Birchills||2||from £124.00 to £155.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A light and airy bedroom with plenty of natural light and a beautiful view over the small village of Pilsley. Decorated in neutral colours with splashes of red in the bedhead and curtains. Large en suite bathroom with shower bath, basin and w.c.|
|Bramley||2||from £89.00 to £115.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A traditional bedroom with fantastic character. The green bedhead, and floral curtains add to the cosy ambiance, and the green bedside drawers give the room an individual feel. This bedroom overlooks Pilsley village and has a large en suite bathroom with shower bath, basin and w.c.|
|Dunsa||2||from £89.00 to £99.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A fabulous mosaic mirror provides the focal point for this bedroom. Decorated with deep red fabrics, this bedroom is warm and cosy. With pretty views over the village of Pilsley, this bedroom has an en suite bathroom with shower, basin and w.c.|
|Ewe Close||2||from £99.00 to £124.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Lightly decorated in neutral colours of beige and pale green, this bedroom overlooks a pristine garden. The feature of this room is the modern walk-in, double shower. Large en suite bathroom with shower, basin and w.c.|
|Fold||2||from £114.00 to £135.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A stunning double bedroom with views over the Derbyshire countryside. Vibrant red fabrics with dark wooden furniture make this bedroom warm and homely. En suite bathroom with shower bath, basin and w.c.|
|Handley Bottom||2||from £99.00 to £124.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||A beautiful cheerful bedroom, decorated with cream walls and spring-green splashes in the bedhead and curtains. En suite bathroom with shower bath, basin and w.c.|
|Redway||2||from £103.00 to £134.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||This lovely spacious room is traditionally decorated with warm red fabrics, and has large desk plus a sofa bed. This bedroom offers views over the Derbyshire countryside. Large en suite bathroom with shower bath basin and w.c.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Inn
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District Tourism Awards 2020 - Ethical Responsible & Sustainable Tourism Silver Award 2020
Booking & Payment Details
- Christmas special programme
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Real log/coal fires
- Private parking
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Public house/Inn
Room/Unit Facilities: Dunsa
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good180
- andysteve01Yorkshire, UKWonderful meal and stay over at the Devonshire ArmsMonday, 12th October 2020We stayed in one of the Farmhouse rooms with a beautiful 4 poster bed. The rooms are very spacious with a seating area, large separate bathroom (with separate shower and bath). We stayed in Hilltop... Read full review
- caroline PRome, ItalyExcellent Meal and great serviceTuesday, 27th October 2020We stayed in the dog friendly four poster farmhouse rooms, and nothing is too much trouble. Staff are all lovely, and fantastic with our dog, even bringing them some breakfast! Food was excellent... Read full review
- IrisimoStamford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOvernight stayFriday, 30th October 2020We chose this pub as we were visiting Chatsworth. We were warmly welcomed by Elijah who was fabulous. He’s definitely an asset. We’d also like to mention Clare, who looked after us during our evening... Read full review
Map & Directions
The Chatsworth Estate is approximately 40 minutes drive from the M1 via either Chesterfield or Sheffield in the direction of Bakewell – A619.At the roundabout in Baslow take the first exit B6012.Continue forward onto Bakewell Road (B6012) and follow the signs for Chatsworth.There are 2 exits signposted to Pilsley to the right off this road. Take the 2nd exit - at the next junction turn right again signposted Pilsley - The Devonshire Arms is in the centre of the village.