Croft View Cottage is situated in the picturesque village of Foolow in the Hope Valley, a central Peak District location close to the historical village of Eyam and ideally positioned for visiting Chatsworth, the market town of Bakewell and the caverns of Castleton, all of which are in a 10 mile radius. Ideal for walkers with many walks from the door. The cottage is cosy and well furnished, full of character and with every home comfort to help you enjoy your holiday.
Croft View Cottage is owner-maintained and offers spacious accomadation and a large garden. It comprises two sitting rooms, one with a log burning stove and the other with coal effect gas stove, both with beautiful, imposing derbyshire stone fireplaces. The light and airy kitchen, which backs onto the garden, is a focal point for family meals or for just sitting around the farmhouse table playing board games under the glazed roof.
The three bedrooms are attractively furnished offering comfortable beds, crisp bedlinen and all have black out blinds. There is a spacious family bathroom and a downstairs cloakroom.
We have won awards for our family-friendly approach and can offer baby and toddler equipment as well as games and toys for older children. The two sitting rooms are useful when three generations of a family are travelling together as it the large rear garden which has outdoor furniture,a garden swing and a wide range of outdoor games for all ages.
We pride ourselves on offering clean,well maintained accomodation and have a high number of repeat bookings.
Recent comments from happy customers:
"We have had a delightful week in Croft Cottage just as the autumn nights are really coming in. This is one of the best holiday lets we have stayed at. The cottage itself if charming and spacious, with two lovely lounges! The décor throughout is very attractive and well arranged. The village of Foolow itself is very pretty and the local pub is very welcoming.
We so enjoyed preparing the fire each evening and reading the numerous books and magazines about the area. My four year old daughter was overjoyed to find all the toys and especially the box of Barbie dolls to play with. Although this house is amazingly set up for families, it’s still luxurious and is suitable for any age. It’s clear that this home is loved by Naomi and her family and so you feel like you’re staying in a friend’s house rather than a holiday let. The countryside views were also a highlight.
The area is packed with things to do, even at the end of the October. We enjoyed many walks, Mam Tor being a highlight as well as visiting nearby Haddon Hall, Chatsworth, Heights of Abraham, Arkwright’s Mill and the historic village of Eyam. The local villages are scattered with fantastic coffee shops and country pubs. It was a short drive to the Chatsworth farm shop too. The area is full of natural beauty and we hope to return!"
"This is probably the best holiday cottage we have ever stayed in. Lots of extra little touches which made it feel so welcoming - fresh flowers in all the rooms, a welcome tray and a warm welcome from the owner (Naomi).
We had the misfortune to have a puncture, half an hour away from Foolow on our initial journey to the cottage. We were impressed and delighted by Naomi's help which resulted in us having our puncture repaired and the wheel refitted by 11am the following morning.
The cottage was spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished and had every convenience. We have been self-catering many times and this is the only time that everything was provided - toilet rolls, kitchen towels, soap etc etc.
We cannot praise this cottage highly enough. It is in a perfect location, in a quiet village and with a local pub serving excellent food - and ale. What more could anyone want?!!'
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Croft View||5||from £500.00 to £750.00 per unit per week||Please enquire about our discount for single couple occupancy.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Visit England VisitEngland Families Welcome 2019
- Welcome to Excellence Welcome To Excellence 2020
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Visit England Visit England - Gold Award 2019
- Visit England Visit England - Rose 2019 - Recognition of Service Excellence 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- The AA AA COVID Confident Scheme 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine
- Free WIFI
- Kit cleaning area
- Kit storage area
- Secure cycle storage
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- On street/public parking - On the frontage of the cottage only please. Space for two cars. Please do not park on the grass.
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Non-smoking property
- Telephone (public)
- WiFi or internet access
- CD player
- DVD player
- King-sized bed
- Satellite TV - BT internet tv
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Roam54954551928Comfortable cottage in pretty village locationTuesday, 1st September 2020This is a spacious cottage in a quiet village well located for the Peak District attractions. There is a pub with decent food very close by and a nice walk across fields to Eyam. The cottage was very... Read full review
- Mick WSheffield, United KingdomExcellent cottage, delightful garden, idyllic locationWednesday, 7th October 2020Naomi was very welcoming, and we felt at home in the cottage as soon as we arrived, it was clean comfortable and very well equipped, we wanted for nothing. We had several sunny days so were able to... Read full review
- lynda53020Great Torrington, United KingdomAmazing cottageTuesday, 27th April 2021We stayed here for a week with our son and his family and could not have found a better place. The cottage was perfect - everything you could possibly need and more. Ideal for children, as there... Read full review
Map & Directions
From M1, Junction 29 follow A617 to Chesterfield, continue towards Baslow. At second roundabout follow 'Stockport' A623, continue through Calver, Stoney Middleton, past right hand turn to Eyam. At brow of hill turn right, signposted 'Foolow'. Foolow is on the X65 and X66 bus routes between Sheffield & Manchester, Chesterfield and Buxton. Nearest railway station is Grindleford.
Self Catering Self Assessment
Parking for Multiple unit properties:
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.