Croft House Barn is a very comfortable, well-equipped, Gold awarded cottage in Waterfall. Three en-suite bedrooms, one on the ground floor, can comfortably sleep 6 (plus cots). In the heart of a conservation area in the idyllic SW Peak District National Park, Croft House Barn nestles amongst rolling hills, enhanced by a distinctive landmark knoll of trees, Waterfall Low. At around 400 years old and once the barn attached to our former farmhouse, the cottage has been sympathetically renovated to make the most of its original character, whilst offering the cosiness and facilities you'd expect from a home-from-home holiday base.
Spacious, open plan living accommodation comprises large living room with ample comfortable seating, separate dining room, and well-equipped kitchen with light oak units and views to landscaping and fields. On the ground floor is also a super-king (can be twin-bedded) bedroom with ensuite shower room. Upstairs are the double bedroom, ensuite bathroom with shower and twin-bedded room with its ensuite shower room.
Patios to front and rear with tables, seating, BBQ and flower borders. Ample off-street parking with bike storage available. Prices include linens, heating, electricity, free sat, WiFi and "welcome pack" including homemade and local produce and flowers.
The Red Lion Inn, serving home-cooked food is close by, with further facilities and Ye Olde Crown in neighbouring Waterhouses. Ideal location for the Manifold Valley cycling/walking trail, Dovedale, The Roaches, Alton Towers, historic market towns of Ashbourne and Leek, National Trust properties, Chatsworth and Haddon Hall, The Potteries, Heritage Mills, activity centres and much more.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Cottage Unit||6||from £499.00 to £840.00 per unit per week||10% early payment discount. 20% discount for 2 people only. 3 and 4 day Short breaks available Low and Mid season, except over Public or school holidays, and are also available last minute in high season. See www.crofthousebarn.co.uk|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Visit England Visit England - Gold Award 2019
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking
- CD player
- DVD player
Room/Unit Facilities: Cottage Unit
- Ground floor bedroom
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good0
- Gail OCroft House Barn Cottage AshbourneSunday, 9th June 2019Had the most amazing stay in this lovely cottage. Totally eqiupped it was like home from home. Absolutely immaculate property right throughout. Fantastic location in reach of so many lovely places to... Read full review
- CALYPSOLondonLONDONFabulous AccommodationMonday, 16th September 2019We had the pleasure of staying in Croft House Barn last week and we could not fault the accommodation in any way. It's very conveniently located for lots of different walks and the attention to... Read full review
- Lisa HAppleby, England, United KingdomWow what a gem!Thursday, 17th October 2019Stayed for 4 nights and had an amazing stay. The barn is fabulous, it's very well equipped with everything you should need and more. Stephanie is a lovely host and there was a nice welcome hamper... Read full review
Map & Directions
Croft House Barn is situated between Ashbourne and Leek. These towns are linked by the A52/A523.Leave the A523 in Waterhouses at The George Inn into Waterfall Lane. If travelling by car continue along lane ascending steadily for approx. 1 mile. Continue to a grass triangle and telephone box and fork left. Croft House Barn is now immediately on your left.The nearest railway stations are Stoke-on-Trent or Derby.Buses run from Leek through to Ashbourne, details can be found by contacting Leek Tourist Information Centre, 01538 483741 or Traveline 0870 608 2 608 also visit: www.transportdirect.co.uk