"We have had a wonderful week exploring the beautiful peaks. Cottage cosy, comfortable, clean and very welcoming. Thank you!" (April ’17)
This 18th Century cosy cottage overlooks the quiet, pretty limestone village of Parwich in the Peak District National Park. Croft Cottage retains a wealth of old-world charm with beamed ceilings, mullioned windows and a wood-burning stove. The cottage is situated up a short driveway from a quiet lane. Panoramic views across the valley. The cottage is south-facing and has a sheltered garden, a vegetable patch and a meadow behind the cottage, where sheep graze and pheasants wander past. You may be lucky and hear owls at night and during the day buzzards may be circling above the hill top.
There is a dining area and spacious lounge with wood-burning stove, television and video. Wifi and telephone available. Plenty of walking and cycling guide books, maps of the area, brochures and leaflets as well as books and games for a rainy day. Bathroom with bath/shower & WC. Well-equipped kitchen with electric cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave, coffee maker and percolator.
Upstairs are a large and small bedroom with a king-size bed and single bed respectively. Lovely views over the valley.
Travel cot and High chair can be provided. The cottage is heated throughout by storage heaters. The cottage owner encourages environmentally-friendly practices.
The village of Parwich is quiet and secluded; it has a pub with small shop.
Excellent walking, cycling or sightseeing in the area or simply relax in the peaceful surroundings. Ample space outside in the garden areas with seating on the patio. Bicycles may be stored in the double garage.
The market towns of Ashbourne, Bakewell and Buxton are nearby. Parwich is ideally located for Carsington Water, Dovedale and the Manifold Valley, the Tissington and High Peak Trails as well as for Alton Towers. Stately Homes such as Chatsworth and Haddon Hall are within easy reach.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Self-Catering||3||from £296.00 to £468.00 per unit per week||Fluent Dutch spoken. A little French & German.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
Booking & Payment Details
- Euros accepted
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating - Storage heaters throughout the cottage
- Real log/coal fires - Wood-burning stove
- Staff fluent in Dutch
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking - Off-road from quiet lane, in front of double garage
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement - 1 dog at small extra charge
- Non-smoking property
- WiFi or internet access
- CD player
- DVD player
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
Property Facilities: Self-Catering
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Daydream757379GreatThursday, 14th March 2019Very welcoming, lovely place to stay, especially in early spring with a log fire, just wish we could have been there longer. Read full review
- Ippysal66Ipswich, United KingdomLovely cottage, great locationSaturday, 10th August 2019We stayed in this cottage in March and were blessed with some fantastic weather. Lovely walks right from the door, comfortable accommodation and a dog friendly pub nearby. We had a lovely stay. Read full review
- TopcathatLondon, United KingdomAn idyllic break in a picture perfect cottageTuesday, 15th September 2020My wife, our 3 year old son and me had a lovely two weeks in the cottage. The cottage was perfectly presented in a location that is great for hiking as well as enjoying the lovely local area. There... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Ashbourne: Take the A515 towards Buxton. After 2 miles turn right onto B5056 towards Bakewell. After a further 3 miles turn left towards Ballidon and Parwich. Follow signs for Parwich.From Buxton: Take the A515 towards Ashbourne. Turn left after about 14 miles towards Alsop en le Dale and Parwich.From Bakewell: Take the A6 south for 2 miles. turn right after passing Haddon Hall onto the B5056 towards Ashbourne and after 10 miles turn right towards Ballidon and Parwich.
Public Transport Directions
Public transport is limited but there is now a call & book in advance mini-bus service for the Ashbourne catchment area. Train & Bus stations in Derby, Chesterfield, Matlock and Buxton. Bus stations also in Ashbourne and Bakewell. It may be possible for guests to be collected from a local station. Please discuss with the cottage owner.
Self Catering Self Assessment
Parking for Multiple unit properties:
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.