About"Lovely cottage – very well equipped and plenty of room. Village delightful. Thank you." (Visitor comment, Sept ’15)
This 18th Century cosy cottage overlooks the pretty limestone village of Parwich in the Peak District National Park. Croft Cottage retains a wealth of old world charm with beamed ceilings and mullioned windows. The cottage is situated up a short driveway from a quiet lane. Panoramic views across the valley. The cottage is south-facing and has a sheltered garden, a vegetable patch and a meadow behind the cottage, where sheep graze and pheasants wander past.
There is a dining area and spacious lounge with open fire, colour television and video. Wifi available. Bathroom with bath/shower & WC. Well-equipped kitchen with electric cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave.
Upstairs are a large and small bedroom with a king-size bed and single bed respectively.
Travel cot and High chair can be provided.
The village of Parwich is quiet and secluded; it has a pub with small shop.
Excellent walking, cycling or sightseeing in the area or simply relax in the peaceful surroundings.
The market towns of Ashbourne, Bakewell and Buxton are nearby. Parwich is ideally located for Carsington Water, Dovedale and the Manifold Valley, the Tissington and High Peak Trails as well as for Alton Towers.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Self-Catering||3||from £260.00 to £460.00 per unit per week||Fluent Dutch spoken. A little French & German.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
Booking & Payment Details
- Euros accepted
- Staff fluent in Dutch
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- CD player
- DVD player
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Microwave cooker
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking
Property Facilities: Self-Catering
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Steve YPeterborough, United KingdomBeautiful cottage in a blissfully quiet VillageSaturday, 22nd October 2016An exceptionally cosy and lovely cottage in a very beautiful and equally peaceful village. Parwich is a great place to explore the many delights the Peak District has to offer. Saskia made us very... Read full review
- Andrew HLondon, United KingdomGreat location, great cottage, great hostWednesday, 6th July 2016Stayed here earlier in the year and had such a nice break we booked up again soon after For walking and visiting the peak district its a great base , cosy, comfortable, safe & warm - simply smashing Read full review
- LurcherLassBradford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesIdyllic CottageMonday, 25th January 2016Just come back from a long weekend at Croft Cottage, and what a beautiful cottage it proved to be. We had out two dogs with us which were welcome, a nice tiled entrance/dining room, which is... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Ashbourne: Take the A515 towards Buxton. After 2 miles turn right onto B5056 towards Bakewell. After a further 3 miles turn left towards Ballidon and Parwich. Follow signs for Parwich.
From Buxton: Take the A515 towards Ashbourne. Turn left after about 14 miles towards Alsop en le Dale and Parwich.
From Bakewell: Take the A6 south for 2 miles. turn right after passing Haddon Hall onto the B5056 towards Ashbourne and after 10 miles turn right towards Ballidon and Parwich.
Parking for Multiple unit properties:
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.