THE SWALLOWS - a spacious cottage, ideal for families and friends (sleeps 5).
The accommodation includes: Downstairs - well-equipped fitted kitchen (including dishwasher), comfortable lounge, separate dining room, single bedroom.
The stairs to the bedrooms are from the dining room. There is a Double Ensuite Bedroom and a Twin Ensuite Bedroom. The bathrooms comprise, shower, washbasin and toilet. The bedrooms are separated by the stairwell giving additional privacy.
THE ROBINS - a cosy cottage for couples or small families. Dowstairs is a lounge/diner (with sofabed for extra guests), well-equipped kitchen and large bathroom (bath and shower)
The stairs from the lounge lead to a large bedroom with Kingsized bed and space for a guestbed/cot.
GARDEN AND PATIO This is shared by the 2 cottages. There is space for young children to play and a playhouse and swings. You will be surrounded by fields with sheep and cows not very far away.
NEARBY. Excellent food and local brews are served by our local pubs. A short drive takes you to Chatsworth House, the Peak District, Hardwick Hall (NT), Haddon Hall, Bolsover Castle (EH). Chesterfield is a 10 minute drive and Sheffield 30 minutes. Book early for Chatsworth Horse Trials, RHS Flower Show and Country Fair. Take a drive round the fascinating villages and enjoy a walk in the wonderful Peak District. There is a large selection of local information in each cottage. Also, we have Walks from the Cottage Door, with easy to follow instructions and pictures. Don't forget to include the Well Dressings, and sample an original Bakewell Pudding.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|The Robins||4||£380.00 per unit per week|
|The Swallows||5||£500.00 per unit per week|
*Possible Short breaks
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Children welcome
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- CD player
- DVD player
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- PHILIP RCanvey Island, United KingdomHome from home for myself and dogsWednesday, 31st January 2018Barbara and Allan will always make your stay as nice as they can, I have been staying here fro nearly every year for the last 8 and sometimes twice a year. A great base to go and see the Peak... Read full review
- ResidentFranceFranceExcellent stayTuesday, 17th July 2018Barbara welcomed me personally into the property which is exactly as described. The quality of the property and the fittings is excellent, and the setting is very picturesque. Cutthorpe is an... Read full review
- Martin GColchester, United KingdomLovely cosy winter bolt holeThursday, 7th March 2019Wonderful scenic location, the accommodation is extremely comfortable and well equipped, had everything that we needed for our four day stay. The weather was mixed but once inside it was warm and... Read full review
Map & Directions
From North/South - Leave M1 motorway at Junction 29 and take A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At traffic light controlled roundabout select right lane and take 4th exit (A61 signposted Sheffield). At next traffic light controlled roundabout (Tesco) take 2nd exit (A61) and, at next roundabout (Little Chef) select left lane and take 2nd exit (B6050). Follow road for approx 2¼ miles to staggered cross roads (Four Lanes End). Turn right then immediately left (B6050 signposted Cutthorpe). Follow road for approx 2 miles passing through Cutthorpe village to Gate Inn on right. Cowclose Barn is next property on left.
From East - Take A617 to M1 motorway roundabout, then follow route from North/South.
From West - In Baslow, at 2nd roundabout take 2nd exit (A619, signposted Chesterfield). After approx 1 mile turn left onto B6050 (not marked) near Robin Hood pub. (There are bus stops on both sides of road just before junction.) Stay on B6050 for 2 miles following Cutthorpe signs. Cowclose Farm is at bottom of a hill on right (2nd farm), just before The Gate Inn on left.