AboutChurchdale Farm is a wonderful central Peak District holiday base, 2 miles from Bakewell, A 3 minute walk from the famous Monsal Trail and a leisurely stroll through the fields to Ashford-in-the-Water.
Wake up to the sounds of the countryside Leave your car and walk or cycle on the level, wild flower strewn Monsal Trail and investigate the newly opened tunnels. Walk to the village and buy your provisions and admire the picturesque "Sheepwash Bridge", or quench your thirst at one of the pubs. The area is a treasure trove of history, beauty and gastro experiences. Within 10 minutes drive are Chatsworth and Haddon Hall. The attractive market town of Bakewell offers a wide variety of shops, pubs and restaurants.
The three 5 star gold award cottages have been thoughtfully converted from old farm buildings, retaining charming beams and natural stone to provide quality spacious accommodation. The sitting rooms have wood burning stove and there is free wi-fi throughout.. The kitchens are fully equipped with dishwashers, microwaves, washing machines etc. Many guests return year after year.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Derwent||4||from £675.00 to £965.00 per unit per week|
|Dove||3||from £575.00 to £825.00 per unit per week|
|Wye||2||from £544.50 to £795.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 Visit England Stars Self-catering
- Visit England VisitEngland Gold Award 2016
- Visit England VisitEngland Cyclists Welcome 2016
- Visit England VisitEngland Walkers Welcome 2016
- Green Tourism Green Tourism Gold Award 2016
- Working farm
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- CD player
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Microwave cooker
- Drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Washing machine
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking
Room/Unit Facilities: Derwent
- Ground floor bedroom
Room/Unit Facilities: Dove
- King-sized bed
Room/Unit Facilities: Wye
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- 4francis2016London, United KingdomTrip Type:Family4th time...Wednesday, 26th October 2016We have returned again to Derwent Cottage with our 2 daughters; 4 times, now! The walk to Bakewell (about 50 minutes) is beautiful and always a highlight, even with the spectacular Monsal Trail (you... Read full review
- BusyLizzie100Trip Type:CouplesLovely weekTuesday, 2nd August 2016We had a great week here. We didn't know this part of the world at all, and it is absolutely beautiful, with lots to explore both on the doorstep and further afield - fabulous walks, cycling etc if... Read full review
- JamyHampshireSouthampton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent accommodtionMonday, 13th June 2016From the quality of their website we had no fears about the standard of the accommodation and were not disappointed. Derwent is a lovely cottage with everything required provided, from fresh flowers... Read full review
Map & Directions
Leave Bakewell on the A6 towards Buxton. turn right onto the A6020 signed to Chesterfield and Ashford. After 1 mile there is a sign to Great Longstone on left. Immediately opposite this turn , turn right up a private tarmac drive. After 1/4 mile turn right into Churchdale Farm.