Causeway House is located in the centre of Castleton where there are some excellent pubs with a wide choice of fine ales and food, an excellent restaurant plus village stores and shops. From the village footpaths will lead you to Mam Tor, Edale, Kinder Scout, The Pennine Way, The Limestone Way, the Derwent and Ladybower reservoirs plus other numerous walks around Hope Valley.
The cottage dates back to the 1400's when it was built as a Cruck cottage. Exposed Oak beams within display the original construction. The building was reconstructed in the mid 1600's with stone, as rumoured, taken from the castle! There are 4 bedrooms, two singles with a shared bathroom and two doubles with en-suite. The 4 poster room can accommodate up to two extra children. All rooms are tastefully decorated with a sympathetic lean towards its past. For those cycling around the valleys storage for bicycles can be undertaken.
Parking is available but limited.
Castleton is an ideal base for exploring the treasures of the Peak District. In addition to the wonderful walks and scenery, there are numerous attractions nearby including the 4 Castleton caves and Peveril castle, Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and the plague village of Eyam.
The Devils Arse cavern provides a popular and unique venue throughout the year for concerts but be sure to book early. Local Blue John stone jewellery is exclusively sold in the village and for shopping the nearby villages of Hathersage, Bakewell and Buxton have a variety of stores and designer goods.
Philip the owner will be on hand to help you make the most of your stay in the Peak District National Park.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|4 Pstr/Family||4||£75.00 per room per night||The Four Poster King size Room costs £75 prpn. If used as a family room a sofa bed is made and children under the age of 14 are charged at £15 per night per child. I'm unable to accept extra adults in this room. This room has an ensuite bathroom with shower. Please note the prices rise over the Christmas period to £95 prpn and for children to £20.|
|Double Room||2||£65.00 per room per night||The Double Room costs £70 prpn. This room has an ensuite bathroom with shower. Please note the price for this room rises to £95 for the Christmas period.|
|Single Room||1||£45.00 per room per night||The side-facing Single Room complete with antique bed frame, Tea and Coffee plus TV and WIFI costs £45 prpn. This room has shared facilities with the Super Single room. A dressing gown is provided for your convenience. Please note the price rises to £65 over the Christmas period.|
|Super Single Room||1||£45.00 per room per night||The Super Single Room is furnished with an antique iron bed, tea and coffee, TV and WIFI and costs £45 prpn. This room has shared facilities with the single room. A dressing gown is provided for your convenience. Please note the price rises to £65 over the Christmas period.|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
Room/Unit Facilities: 4 Pstr/Family
- Four poster bed
- King-sized bed
- Private facilities
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: Double Room
Room/Unit Facilities: Single Room
- Scenic view
- Shared facilities
Room/Unit Facilities: Super Single Room
- Shared facilities
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good30
- RybosmithTrip Type:CouplesAbsolutely AmazingMonday, 26th October 2020We stayed here for 1 night, the room was absolutely beautiful and Phill was easy to deal with and couldn’t do enough for you, even offered to carry our bags to the room. We will definitely be staying... Read full review
- B5850PNemmacTrip Type:CouplesLovely stay in the heart of CasteltonMonday, 12th July 2021Stayed for 1 night at Causeway House and had a very pleasant stay. Phil the owner is a really nice guy, very welcoming and accommodating, nothing too much trouble. The room was nice, clean and comfy... Read full review
- daygillyWalsall, United KingdomAnniversary weekend awayFriday, 23rd July 2021Stayed here for 2 nights recently. We had the Four poster bedroom which was really comfortable and spacious. Plenty of snacks along with tea & coffee facilities. Ensuite with a good shower and shower... Read full review
Map & Directions
The nearest Railway Station is Hope Station or Edale StationWe have a regular bus service to Sheffield