AboutAWARD WINNING Bed & Breakfast. An impressive former 17th Century Farmhouse situated within the tranquil hamlet of Bretton, surrounded by the most spectacular and breathtaking panoramic views of the Derbyshire Countryside. Lovely scenic walks across wild flower meadows, woodland areas and moorland (SSSI). Luxuriously furnished, spacious apartment sized rooms. Enjoy the views whilst choosing form our excellent breakfast menu, locally sourced, predominantly organic and catering for vegetarians. Close to good dining pubs and restaurants, places of historic interest, Chatsworth House, golf club and gliding club. Plenty of private parking.
Please kindly note we do not accept under 18 year olds.
In order to book for one night, please phone to book, do not book online.
On-site mountain bike hire available at reasonable rates
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|1 Superking en-suite||2||£120.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||En-suite bath shower TV DVD Tea and coffee making facilities Fridge Free WiFi|
|2 Flexible Superking double or twin||2||£110.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Ground floor En-suite shower TV DVD Tea and coffee making facilities Fridge Free WiFi|
|3 Kingsize double||2||£105.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast||Ground floor En-suite shower TV DVD Tea and coffee making facilities Fridge Free WiFi|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 Visit England Stars Bed & Breakfast
- Visit England VisitEngland Breakfast Award 2020
- Visit England Visit England - Gold Award 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available - Gluten free diet available
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Cycles for hire - Bike storage available
- Car Charging
- Private parking - Parking is provided free. External electric sockets available but adapters may be required. Electric provided at cost.
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Totally non-smoking - Including E Cigarettes
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player - All rooms have TV DVD tea and coffee making facilities. Hairdryer, fridges, en-suites.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Garden - 360 degree view. Seating areas. 280 metres above sea level. Next to highest pub in Derbyshire
Room/Unit Facilities: 1 Superking en-suite
- King-sized bed - 1 Superking en-suite bath/shower.
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: 2 Flexible Superking double or twin
- King-sized bed - Superking/Twin en-suite shower. Ground floor. Scenic views
- Scenic view
Room/Unit Facilities: 3 Kingsize double
- Ground floor bedroom - Garden view
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
Map & Directions
Leave the M1 at junction 29 and head towards Chesterfield on the A617. Continue on the A619 into baslow onto the A623. Continue through Calver and Stoney Middleton for 1 miles then take a right hand turn signposted Foolow. At the next T-junction turn left and then right and you'll find Bretton Cottage 1 mile up the hill.