AboutAt the heart of the Peak District National Park, Youlgrave or Youlgreave lies on the hillside above the lower reaches of Lathkill Dale and Bradford Dale alongside the Limestone Way.
A traditional Derbyshire Stone building, April Cottage is located at the centre of the village surrounded by the three pubs, church, shop and post office and with off road parking is ideally placed to park up, forget the car and walk the local Dales and over to Haddon Hall and Bakewell (the daytime bus service connects the village to both these destinations as well). Chatsworth is a ten minute drive and the market towns of Buxton, Chesterfield and Ashbourne approximately twenty minutes distant.
As holders of the Peak District Environmental Quality Mark, April Cottage is keen to welcome guests who share our passion for the beauty of the area and appreciate the distinctive character of its landscape, villages, woodlands and stone walls. The traditions and history of the area are precious gems - Youlgrave Waterworks survives as an independent supplier from local springs and our Welldressing Tradition is celebrated here with five main boards + decorated for Wells Week with the event always the Saturday nearest St John the Baptist Day (24th).
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Capacity||Room / Unit Tariff*||Notes|
|Self-Catering||3||from £250.00 to £375.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2016
Booking & Payment Details
- Euros accepted
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- CD player
- DVD player
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Microwave cooker
- Ironing facilities
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Private parking
Room/Unit Facilities: Self-Catering
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- AmsterDazCambridgeTrip Type:CouplesDelightful cottage set in the heart of YoulgreaveTuesday, 4th October 2016Delightful cottage set in the heart of Youlgreave. Off road parking at the rear. The ground floor has a spacious kitchen and living room. Upstairs has a good sized twin bedroom, a small single... Read full review
- Titia van der H... VNice place to stay near Chatsworth and Haddon HallMonday, 19th September 2016Great base to travel from to Chatsworth and Haddon Hall. Beautiful surroundings. Cute cottage. Nice landlady and lost of privacy. Read full review
- Trip Type:CouplesIdeal Cottage, Perfect LocationMonday, 29th August 2016April Cottage is a lovely quaint property. The property is very well equipped, and has off road parking, which is a big plus for Youlgreave. There are 3 pubs within walking distance and there is a... Read full review
Map & Directions
From A6 take B5056 and follow signs to Youlgreave. Passing church on left continue past block of 3 cottages and turn left into drive.
From A515 take turning signposted Youlgreave. Enter village and drive towards church. Just before end of houses turn right into drive.