Also at this Venue
CONKERS, the award winning attraction at The Heart of the National Forest, a unique mix of indoor and outdoor experiences to keep you and your family engaged for hours.
In the Discovery Centre there are four discovery zones designed for children and adults of all ages, over 100 interactive exhibits, the Enchanted Forest Adventure Play area with scary troll, bats and spiders, the interactive forest floor and the simulated tree top walk – a moving bridge through the skies.
Enjoy the great outdoors and explore over 120 acres of the picturesque grounds including maturing woodland, lakes and gardens. There are 23 different outdoor activities including the 450 metre barefoot walk. Visitors can walk along sculpture trails or through a wonderful wildflower glade, try out the challenging eighteen stage activity course, climb to the top of the sky viewing tower for a treetop panorama or play in the Playdale adventure playground. "New for 2016 the Crooked Castle play area".
There’s also the new Aerial Adventure with high and low ropes, climbing wall, 110 metre zip wire and power-fan descender (please note there is an additional charge for the Aerial Adventure activities).
CONKERS also runs a number of activity programmes during the school holidays.
Jump on the train and take a ride between the Discovery and Waterside Centres. A great place for all the family!
There’s a fun packed programme of events from Santa’s Winter Wonderland through to Halloween and Firework Nights and live music in the Arena at Waterside. Our music concerts are performed in a covered amphitheatre.
22nd September to 31st March: 10am - 5pm,
Closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Adult Entrance Ticket £9.75
Child Entrance Ticket £7.95
Child Entrance Ticket (0 - 2yrs) FREE
Family Entrance Ticket £32.95
Concessions Entrance Ticket £7.95
(Please note: There is a small additional charge for the Billy Bonkers Indoor Play Centre at Waterside).
Please visit the website www.visitconkers.com for full pricing.
SK 309161 52.74187 -1.54309
From the South: M42 leave the M42 at J11, travel north west on the A444 towards Burton-on-Trent. After approximately 2 miles, when reaching the village of Overseal turn right at the junction with the B5003 for the Waterside Centre or take the second right at the next crossroads and follow the road up to the T junction, turn immediately right towards Moira and you will find the Discovery Centre entrance approximately 100 yards on your right.
From the North: A42 leave the A42 at the junction to Measham, travel south to the traffic lights. Turn right on to the B586 toward Moira. CONKERS is clearly signed on the junction with the B5003 at Moira. Travel straight ahead for approximately half-a-mile for the Discovery Centre entrance or turn left at this junction and follow the road to the Waterside Centre.
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Education/study area
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Pushchairs available
- Telephone (public)
- Welcome Host
- Wheelchairs available
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Grounds for outdoor activities
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Guided tours for groups
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu