CONKERS - adventures in the National Forest
At the Discovery Centre there are four discovery zones with over 100 interactive exhibits, the Enchanted Forest Adventure Play zone with scary troll, bats and spiders, the interactive forest floor and the simulated Tree Top Walk - a moving bridge through the skies.
During the school holidays our rangers run a number of activity programmes and there are live shows in the covered amphitheatre.
You can enjoy the great outdoors and explore over 120 acres of the picturesque grounds at CONKERS including maturing forest, lakes and gardens. There are 23 different outdoor activities including the 450 metre barefoot walk. Visitors can walk along sculpture trails or through a wonderful wildflower glade, try out the challenging eighteen stage assault course (for visitors aged 13 and over), climb to the top of the viewing platform for a treetop panorama or play in our tremendous 'Playdale' adventure playground.
Jump on the train and take a ride between the Discovery and Waterside Centres. A great place for all the family!
For schools education programmes are linked to the National Curriculum and we are Learning Outside of the Classroom accredited. Visit our website for more information.
There's a fun packed programme of events from Santa's Winter Wonderland through to live music in the covered amphitheatre and Halloween and Firework Nights!
New for 2015
The amazing new High and Low Ropes Adventure is opening in the first week of July - please note this is not included within your general admission price.
22nd September to 31st March: 10am - 5pm,
Closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Adult: £9.75, Child: £7.95, Under 3's: Free, Concession: £7.95, Family (2 adults and 2 children): £32.95
SK 309161 52.74187 -1.54309
From the South: M42 leave the M42 at J11, travel north west on the A444 towards Burton-on-Trent. After approximately 2 miles, when reaching the village of Overseal turn right at the junction with the B5003 for the Waterside Centre or take the second right at the next crossroads and follow the road up to the T junction, turn immediately right towards Moira and you will find the Discovery Centre entrance approximately 100 yards on your right.
From the North: A42 leave the A42 at the junction to Measham, travel south to the traffic lights. Turn right on to the B586 toward Moira. CONKERS is clearly signed on the junction with the B5003 at Moira. Travel straight ahead for approximately half-a-mile for the Discovery Centre entrance or turn left at this junction and follow the road to the Waterside Centre.
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Education/study area
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Pushchairs available
- Telephone (public)
- Welcome Host
- Wheelchairs available
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Grounds for outdoor activities
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Guided tours for groups
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu