Search availability for Lightwood Cottage and book online
The minimum stay for a short break is 3 nights
|Book through Visit Peak District||MAY
(House sleeps up to 4)
Availability updated on 17 May 13 at 18:26
Lightwood cottage is a delightful traditional stone cottage situated on the edge of Buxton town centre, with easy access to the Peak District National Park, Chatsworth and Bakewell. 10 minutes walk finds you in the centre of this beautiful spa town, or in the open countryside - ideal for cyclists and walkers or those who just want to relax.
When you arrive at Lightwood Cottage, you will find ample private parking for two cars and a garage to store all your walking or cycling gear.
The cottage, which can sleep four adults comfortably, has been newly refurbished to an exceptional standard, tastefully decorated and furnished. A large well equipped kitchen/diner has all that you need to make your stay sociable and relaxing. If the weather is kind, you could enjoy the south facing patio at the front of the cottage, overlooking the garden - ideal for those al fresco meals. As an alternative there is a private terraced garden and patio to the rear of the cottage, complete with small pond and wildlife (watch out for the frogs!).
For those cosy evenings after a long walk, cycle or drive, the spacious lounge offers comfortable leather sofas and a gas stove situated in a traditional stone fire place.
At the end of the day, you can retire to the double bedroom with its own en-suite shower room, or to the twin bedroom with its access the main bathroom, complete with a slipper bath - ideal for those relaxing soaks.
For further details see
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SK 056742 Lat: 53.26476 Long: -1.91749
From Buxton railway station, turn right on to Station Road (A53). At the roundabout take the second exit onto the A53, signposted Leek/Congleton. Bear right onto the A5004 sign posted to Whaley Bridge. Proceed up the hill, turning right onto Devonshire Road, but take immediate left onto Corbar Road. Continue down Corbar Road. You will find Lightwood Cottage is on the left, 20 metres before the end of the road (and junction with Lightwood Road).
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Laundry facilities
- Linen provided
- Microwave cooker
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- Drying facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Central heating
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Seating available in kitchen
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- House sleeps up to 4
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite, two bathrooms, kitchen diner, lounge, garage, front and rear patios and gardens.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Price inclusive
Short breaks from £220