Culland Mount Cottage
Search availability for Culland Mount Cottage and book online
|Book through Visit Peak District||MAY
Availability updated on 16 May 13 at 16:00
Culland Mount is a convenient place to explore the renowned Peak District National Park with its extensive tracts of beautiful open countryside, ancient moors and woodland, historic market towns and pretty villages. There are the National Trust properties of Kedleston Hall, Calke Abbey and Sudbury Hall close by as well as Alton Towers for a fun Day out. Convenient for Business as well as pleasure with Derby just 15 minutes away with it's transport links to the Midlands and the motorway network.
Nearest village is Brailsford which has a pub, post office and village store, plus a 13 hole Golf course and Driving Range.
Culland Mount Farm has been carefully divided to provide a comfotable and spacious holiday home for up to four people. The lounge has an open fire for that extra cosy feel. Our cottage is non-smoking and pet free.
For further details see
Children welcome from any age.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SK 249399 Lat: 52.95669 Long: -1.62944
If travelling from Derby (A52) before entering the village of Brailsford look for a road on the left, signposted Thurvaston, Sutton on the hill, Golf Centre. Turn down here past the golf centre following the road approx 1/2 mile passing Pools Head Farm (very muddy). Turn left. We are approx 1/2 mile further on the left at the top of the hill.
If travelling from Ashbourne (A52)Turn right along The Green. The road sign points to Thurvaston and Brailsford Church.
From The Green follow the road, past the church and out into the countryside, eventually coming to Pools Head Farm on a junction. Bear round to the right here and Culland Mount Farm is situated a half a mile along on the left.
- Working farm
- Private parking
- Senior citizens reduced rates
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Laundry facilities
- Linen provided
- Children welcome
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- Drying facilities
- DVD player
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Outdoor facilities
garden and furniture
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Seating available in kitchen
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Service dogs not accepted:
too much barking etc with our dogs
Our Sc apartment is modern but there are 2 steps up to the front door. Lounge, dining room and kitchen on the level. Stairs to bathroom (shower over the bath) and 2 bedrooms.
There is a toliet on the groundfloor (outside the apartment) which is available to guests. We also have recycling facilities.
- Cottage sleeps up to 4
- Modern self-contained large farmhouse-large log fire -fuel provided. Central heating throughout and modern kitchen. Non-smoking and pet free.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)