Henmore Grange is a beautiful semi-detached cottage next to the owner’s home in a quiet residential location in the hamlet of Hopton. This Peak District cottage has been finished to an extremely high standard with lots of character including open stonework and original beams. There is a pretty Garden with a seating area and BBQ perfect for relaxing and taking in the views.
There is cycle hire, watersports, fishing, clay pigeon shooting, horseriding all nearby and the walking trials of Carsington Water start just across the road. Slightly further afield are the towns of Matlock, Ashbourne, Bakewell and Buxton.
A superb base for a Peaks holiday.
SK 261532 53.07602 -1.61101
From Ashbourne, leave the town centre, turn right onto the B5035 signposted to Wirksworth and Matlock. After 5 miles keeping Carsington Water on your right, turn left (signposted Hopton and Carsington). Henmore Grange is on the left opposite a small row of cottages.
From Derby, take the A6 to Matlock.
From Matlock, take the A6 to Derby.
From the M1, follow the A38 and the A610 to join the A6 at Ambergate turning towards Matlock.
Leave the A6 at Cromford signposted to Cromford Village and Wirksworth (B5036). Follow the B5036 up Cromford Hill. After 1 mile at the top of the hill, turn right signposted Middleton, Hopton and Carsington Water. At the crossroads in Middleton, continue straight. After 2 miles, turn signposted Hopton and Carsington. Henmore Grange is on the left opposite a small row of cottages. Turn Sharp left into the left hand drive. You will see Henmore Grange parking area straight in front of you.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Cycles for hire
- Cleaning service
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
Henmore Grange is accessed through a gate directly into a car park which is adjacent to the cottage. Either myself or my partner Matt are here to welcome our guests and for key collection. There is a shallow step at the front door but previous wheelchair users have not found this a problem. The kitchen and lounge are on the first floor. Three bedrooms and the bathroom are on the first floor and the fourth bedroom is on a lower level (3 steps down from the lounge) Three of the four bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms (all with showers)
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Service dogs not accepted:
previous guests allergies
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)