Unusual and quirky historical and unique guest accomodation. Perfect for a romantic break or for business people wanting to stay somewhere distinctly different. Luxurious rooms excellent food and fully licensed. In the Derbyshire Dales and on the edge of the Peak District with great walking, Chatsworth, Carsington, the High Peak and Tissington Trails all on the doorstep. Close to Matlock Bath, Buxton, Ashbourne and handy for A6, A38 and M1.
Cyclists, Bikers, well behaved pets all welcome (pets incur an additional £10 one off charge). Private parking available.
Bed and breakfast as good as it gets, Five Star treatment assured. Please look for us on tripadvisor where our reviews speak for themselves.
Single Friday or Saturday bookings are not usually accepted, always best to call and check availability.
Children welcome from any age.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
15 October 2015
“fantastic overnight stay”
The owner is a friendly guy and was more than accommodating. We booked late and he arranged this without any fuss. His hotel is cosy with a quirky feel. The location is great for exploring the peak district.
SK 288541 53.08352 -1.57118
Within easy reach of Derby, Matlock, Ashbourne and Chesterfield, close to the A6 and only 25 minutes from the M1.
Turn off A6 at Cromford, take B5036 and go up hill for Wirksworth, down into town, after infant school turn left into North End, Third dwelling on left.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Euros accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- Real log/coal fires
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Public toilet
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bath with support handrails available
- WCs with handrails available
- Bathroom with emergency call system available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities