Search availability for Eagle Cottage and book online
|Book through Visit Peak District||MAY
(Cottage sleeps up to 4+1)
Availability updated on 27 Apr 13 at 11:01
Eagle Cottage is situated in the centre of the pretty little village of Birchover, nestling among trees on one side and open fields with magnificent views on the other. During both summer and winter the village attracts many visitors who have discovered the beauty of the surrounding countryside and the many walks associated with it.
The owners have been letting out Eagle Cottage as self-catering accommodation for over 20 years and during that time have come to recognise the needs of visitors and what they expect from the accommodation and the facilities readily available in the vicinity. Although situated in the centre of the village guests frequently comment on the quietness of the cottage and the home-from-home nature of it. You are approximately 200 yards from the Red Lion Inn which serves excllent food. The Druid Inn is currently closed due to refurbishing.
The cottage is well equipped and offers visitors the choice of bringing their own bed linen and towels or they can be provided at an additional cost. The wood burning stove in the sitting room provides a cosy addition particularly during the chilly winter days and nights.
For further details see
Children welcome from any age.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SK 238623 Lat: 53.15783 Long: -1.64476
From Matlock in the south follow the A6. Pass through the village of Rowsley and onto a small stretch of road with a cycle lane. At the end of this take the B5056 in the Ashbourne direction. From Bakewell in the north, follow the A6 turn first right onto the B5056. At 0.9 miles take first left still on B5056, take second left after 1.3 miles into Birchover. 100 yards on the left after Red Lion Inn, cottage is behind the bus shelter. The nearest railway station is Matlock and buses run frequently from there.
- Private parking
- Gay/lesbian friendly
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Laundry facilities
- Linen for hire
- Telephone (public)
- Children welcome
- Microwave cooker
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- Drying facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Seating available in kitchen
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
Parking space provided within 5 metres approx .of entrance.
- Cottage sleeps up to 4+1
- Low season - any day of the week can be start day.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)