Arrive at Waterside Winter Wonderland, where Santa’s Chief Elf and his team of elves will lead you through the Enchanted Forest and the Valley of Christmas lights to Santa’s Woodland Grotto.
Meet the reindeer* and sample some mulled wine and mince pies. During your visit you can take a trip of the Santa Special through the tunnel of discovery, meet the balloon modeller (from 13:00 – 17:00) and our street entertainers. It’s sure to raise your Christmas spirits!
The snow will be artificial from snow machines – unless we get lucky!
Choose your date and time to visit Santa for your Winter Wonderland Experience. Timeslots available from 11:30 through to 19:30 (with slots every half an hour throughout the day).
Please note you should arrive at least fifteen minutes before your time slot.
NEW for 2015 – All-star polar bear band stand!
*The reindeer are on site from 12:00 - 18:00
|Sat 10 - Sun 11 Dec 2016|
|Sat 17 - Sat 24 Dec 2016|
Adult: £9.95 includes a mulled wine and mince pie courtesy of Conkers, Child: £9.95 includes a personal present from Santa Clause himself, Family: (2 adults + 2 children) £37.80
Please note Winter wonderland tariff excludes entry to CONKERS Discovery Centre. Upgrades to the Discovery Centre - £2.50 per person
Please book your ticket online and a member of our staff will contact you to arrange the time of your visit or you can call 01283 216633.
Members: Adults: £6.95, Child: £7.95
SK 309161 52.74187 -1.54309
From the South: M42 leave the M42 at J11, travel north west on the A444 towards Burton-on-Trent. After approximately 2 miles, when reaching the village of Overseal turn right at the junction with the B5003 for the Waterside Centre or take the second right at the next crossroads and follow the road up to the T junction, turn immediately right towards Moira and you will find the Discovery Centre entrance approximately 100 yards on your right.
From the North: A42 leave the A42 at the junction to Measham, travel south to the traffic lights. Turn right on to the B586 toward Moira. CONKERS is clearly signed on the junction with the B5003 at Moira. Travel straight ahead for approximately half-a-mile for the Discovery Centre entrance or turn left at this junction and follow the road to the Waterside Centre.
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Education/study area
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Pushchairs available
- Telephone (public)
- Welcome Host
- Wheelchairs available
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Children welcome
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu