You have visited:

image for Village item typeOversealadd to shortlist

Village

Overseale House at Overseal

Overseale House at Overseal

Overseale House at Overseal

Contact

Swadlincote Tourist Information Centre

Events at this Venue

Details

The South Debryshire village of Overseal is situated 3 miles south of Swadlincote near the heart of The National Forest. The village was once part of the district called Seal, which included a number of settlements; these now form Netherseal and Overseal. 'Seal' suggests the area was once densely forested. Nether means lower and Over means upper. The church of St Matthew was built in 1840-1 by Thomas Johnson. Is is an aisleless, stone building with a west tower.

Disabled accessPostbox

Children welcomeDisabled accessDogs accepted

Location

Directions

See location of Overseal on Google mapsSee location on Google maps

Map reference: SK 293153  Lat: 52.73454 Long: -1.56750

Overseal is situated on the A444, 3 miles south of Swadlincote

Parking: free

Accessible by Public Transport: 6 miles from Burton upon Trent station

Facilities

  • Disabled accessDisabled access
  • PostboxPostbox
  • Children welcomeChildren welcome
  • Disabled accessDisabled access
  • Dogs acceptedDogs accepted